Random thought for the day

BarbarianBrewer

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
As I was organizing recent brew notes I remembered my favorite quote from Myth Busters. Adam Savage once said "Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down". Apparently one of their technical advisers said that phrase and Adam said was going to use that one day on the show. Loved that show. They did a lot of screwing around and in similar way so do many home brewers. So be sure to write it down and you won't be screwing around!

My thoughts of the day a Chooks eyes are bigger than it's belly :p
20200209_163009.jpg

And give a chook the chance and it will shit in it's dinner:eek:

My favorite beer sign.

View attachment 8865

Believe it or not, the preacher who lives across the street from me took a picture of this sign at a bar, enlarged it, printed and framed it. He gave it to me for my birthday a few years ago. My random thought for today is that he's a nice alternative to those who keep knocking on my door.

Spring in Ontario Canada brings these perennial beauties (Trilliums)
These only grow in deciduous forests, and only bloom for a very short time in the spring.
https://www.ontarioparks.com/parksblog/trilliums/

Is it illegal to pick a Trillium in Ontario?
It is currently illegal to pick trilliums in British Columbia, Michigan and New York state, but not Ontario. In May of 2009, former Ontario Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Jeff Leal proposed an amendment to the Ontario Trillium Protection Act that would have made it illegal to pick trilliums.

I took this picture about an hour ago by the roadside, they are just starting to bloom.
20200505_104526[1].jpg

Will be doing lawns on Thursday. A day of leisure tomorrow. Just a few light chores. Been hitting it hard for the last couple of weeks, so I know how you feel. I only hurt from the neck down to the knees :) It sucks to get old!

Will be doing lawns on Thursday. A day of leisure tomorrow. Just a few light chores. Been hitting it hard for the last couple of weeks, so I know how you feel. I only hurt from the neck down to the knees :) It sucks to get old!
So feet ankles and noggin are all good then just everything inbetween hurts :p!

When I started All Grain brewing, a local commercial brewer said “Anyone can make sugar water.” How true, the variables are endless.

Not very happy about the situation outdoors today
20200509_084315.jpg

Hope you didn't lose much.

Late frosts/freezes are pretty common here. Rule of thumb is not to plant anything that's frost sensitive until after Mothers Day (tomorrow). Got early starts this year and last year as well. Minimal damage to one tomato plant last year. Put out 2 tomatoes on April 15th this year and only used hot caps a couple of nights in fear of frost.
top-jpg.9600

Taken this morning:
Tomato.jpg

Looks good Bob. Our planting threshold is Memorial Day, but have had hard frost two weeks after.

Looks good Bob. Our planting threshold is Memorial Day, but have had hard frost two weeks after.

Yea, but you've got more good beer in the area. Keeping an eye on when things reopen up there. Got my fingers crossed.

Back