Milkshake NEIPA

Best I can do is thumbs up to the hops Craigerr. Sorry I've never brewed a NEIPA but love me some Simcoe and Mosaic and plan to use these two in a brew soonish.

try keeping your calcium and magnesium below about 25ppm each, will lend a much much softer juicier beer. You can get most or all of your Chloride and Sulfate additions from Epsom and Table.

the purported Treehouse water profile looks like: Ca: 15, Mg: 25, Na: 75, Cl: 120, SO4: 140

I love using that water profile, but i've also had good success tweaking it to a higher chloride to sulfate ratio: Ca:20, Mg: 15, Na: 75, Cl: 150, SO4: 50

Why the two different dry hop additions? How does that affect flavor?
The first dry addition would during active fermentation, which my understing is will contribute the haziness. The second dry addition would be to add more hop aroma. This at least is the theory.

try keeping your calcium and magnesium below about 25ppm each, will lend a much much softer juicier beer. You can get most or all of your Chloride and Sulfate additions from Epsom and Table.

the purported Treehouse water profile looks like: Ca: 15, Mg: 25, Na: 75, Cl: 120, SO4: 140

I love using that water profile, but i've also had good success tweaking it to a higher chloride to sulfate ratio: Ca:20, Mg: 15, Na: 75, Cl: 150, SO4: 50
Appreciate the input, I have made some changes to water additions, what do you think?
Screenshot_20200210-120824_Chrome.jpg

Back