What's your next brew

Just boiling starter wort for the Pale Ale I'll be brewing Sunday. (recipe below)
Getting tired of the darker Winter beers. After this brew come 3 IPAs and another Pale Ale.

Attachments

• Sierra Madre Pale Ale.pdf
    188.4 KB · Views: 116
Up next will be a bottle conditioned batch of my "Blonde on Blonde" cream ale. I have modified the hops schedule a bit, split up the Cluster into 2 additions and substituted Wisconsin grown Sterling for Kazbek, the idea being that Kazbek can be tough to find.

Also, we are planting Cluster, Crystal, Sterling at the farm this spring

Last edited:
After Bob provides his pale ale recipe (grain bill %s):rolleyes::), an ESB is at the plate. :):)

After Bob provides his pale ale recipe (grain bill %s):rolleyes::), an ESB is at the plate. :):)

95% 2-row Pale, 5% C-60, 2 oz. Warrior@5 and enough Warrior@60 to reach an IBU/SG ratio or 1.0. Mashing at 152 and fermenting at 66 with Mangrove Jack's M42 slurry.
With a lower alpha hop I'd go with 2 oz. at both 10 and 1 but, as you say, there ain't no room for that with Warrior :)

95% 2-row Pale, 5% C-60, 2 oz. Warrior@5 and enough Warrior@60 to reach an IBU/SG ratio or 1.0. Mashing at 152 and fermenting at 66 with Mangrove Jack's M42 slurry.
With a lower alpha hop I'd go with 2 oz. at both 10 and 1 but, as you say, there ain't no room for that with Warrior :)
Much cleaner grain bill, like my IPAs. I need to dial my pale back from pancake syrup and ditch the Cara. Good luck.

Much cleaner grain bill, like my IPAs. I need to dial my pale back from pancake syrup and ditch the Cara. Good luck.

I usually save the sweets for Bitters.

I have a brown ale in fermentation right now. I used Mangrove Jack's Liberty Bell yeast.

Brewing a single hop Warrior Pale Ale on Wednesday.

Picked up ingredients yesterday for another Blonde Ale. Our lhbs is "open" but you have to do it all online or thru email and they'll deliver or bring to your car. No going inside. I'm happy to see this type of innovation and glad they can do something like this to hopefully stay in business.

Back