Awesome beer names?

Buxom Belgian Blonde (It's in secondary now...)

Sun Streak American Blonde Ale.

"Here's Mud in your EyePA"
Had just enough chocolate malt to have a brown tint ;)

All my beers have baseball-themed names, many Cubs related:

Crooked Numbers Summer Ale
High Heat Chocolate Chipotle Ale
Seeing (Eye)PA
SEA's (wife's initials) Berry Wheat 'Til Next Year
Day Game White IPA
8/8/88 Black IPA
Disco Demolition Double IPA
Pine Tar Stout

Okay, maybe not super cool in general, but they're fitting for what I do.

I usually don't bother coming up with names for my brews, but my wheat ipa was different.... "Weenie Dog of Doom"

I don't know if I can beat "Weenie Dog of Doom," but I'm looking for a name for my Helles. I came up with one for my Koelsch but the pun only works if you speak German. "Vat ze Helles" comes to mind....

Silver Streak -- is the name I'm using for Batch Code #25, which is a Rye Pale Ale ---
- Using a lot of Chinook hops
- It's batch 25
- It will be ready about the time football season starts (I'm a Detroit Lions fan) :) (ya, make your jokes)

Awakening -- is the name for a white IPA that will be next, batch code #24
Story: 2010, had no clue (well very little clue) what craft beer, let alone homebrewing, was all about. Microbrew / restaurant that was frequented on work assignment was serving up a Citra hopped IPA. From the first smell, I was "awakened" .. and the taste, wow! Well, I got a little loopy that night. Next day, I'm googling this Citra hops they wrote about in the beer description. Short story -- Here I am. I was "awakened" .. probably wouldn't have this hobby today had I not experienced that beer.

I ordered the ingredients for both of these beers this morning.

Nosybear said:
I came up with one for my Koelsch but the pun only works if you speak German.
What did you come up with? :)

according to Google "Vat ze" is dutch and says "They Barrel" and "Helles" is German meaning "Bright"

so the Bright Barrel ??

Ozarks Mountian Brew said:
according to Google "Vat ze" is dutch and says "They Barrel" and "Helles" is German meaning "Bright"

so the Bright Barrel ??
That would make sense(?).
I was wondering what Nosybear came up with for his Kölsch though...

Nut Hugger (was a brown porter I just had the last of)
Sugartit Sour (KY Common named after the tiny little town I live in/by)

Back