Brew House efficiency 313%?

gozer

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know I overshot my OG a bit, but 313%? This same number has been showing on recent brews no matter what OG I enter when adding the "brew day complete" entry.

blXLPf4.png

Let me know if you need any other info. This has happened on the last 2 batches starting 1/12.

did you brew 44 gallons or 44 liters?

If i mathed correctly, probably didn't, the division (44 gallons divided by 11.62 gallons = 3.7865) and then 313% divided by 3.7865 = 82% brewhouse efficiency? Don't know if that works at all, but seems more reasonable.

44 liters - double checked the log entry since units are not shown

Check your profile settings - if you're set to Conventional units, the calculator looked at your 44 and saw gallons.

Weird, it's showing units on my end. I'll investigate that later and submit a ticket when I find the cause.

There are also unit dropdowns at the "start a brew session" page when creating the session, as well as when editing the specifics brew log there should be a drop-down for the unit.

Based on the value, and the PPG, my guess is that nosys assumption is correct. 1 gallon = 3.875 liters, so 313% would correspond to roughly 82-83%.

I do keep everything in metric on my profile.

I do keep everything in metric on my profile.
Are you able to make the recipe public so we can help further? If not, yooper and myself can assist if you send us a message with the recipe to provide more support.

@gozer, maybe you are just a really awesome brewer! :D

Probably nothing but could Brew House Efficiency depend on other entries? I notice that none of the other efficiencies have been calculated and the Wort Volume is waiting for input as well.

@gozer, maybe you are just a really awesome brewer! :D

Probably nothing but could Brew House Efficiency depend on other entries? I notice that none of the other efficiencies have been calculated and the Wort Volume is waiting for input as well.
Could be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain brewhouse only uses the brewday complete log entry.

The missing units on the brew day complete entry was the issue. I opened the entry, changed to gallons in the drop-down, then back to liters and it showed the correct efficiency as well as the unit by the volume.

Back