Home made pizza

Thin crust day

IMG_20200123_121741104-1612x1209.jpg

IMG_20200123_123720173-1612x1209.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone compared red star to Fleischman's?
I just tried the latter for the 1st time and like it much better than Red Star

I've been using the 2 pound red star kept in the freezer for years, what's your take on the difference

Just a little dough after a 5 hour rise.
I mixed a batch this morning hopefully will be looking similar to yours:).
Great minds think alike eh:p!

I'm nervous about this pizza tonight sour dough is bloody sticky stuff I think I'll just spread it out in the pan and bake In situ

I've been using the 2 pound red star kept in the freezer for years, what's your take on the difference

I quickly noticed the difference between the jar of Red star that I kept in the refrigerator and the smaller packets.
I then went between the 3- pack of Red Star and the Organic Red Star which i really saw no difference in.
I then tried the Fleischmann's and had a significant difference in the start and also the cold ferment.
I will search out the fFleischmann's if I can going forward.
YMMV.
Cheers,
Brian

400g white flour
100g starter
2% salt 8g
60% water 240ml
Kneeded in thermomix 10 min
10 long hours later
20200124_200359.jpg

Yep it stuck to damp tea towel!
Yeah this one proofed what tooo long *thanks work*!

As expected i shaped well more like stretched this sticky bas#$rd out into a preoiled pan!
20200124_200421.jpg

Where is the other ingredients ha ha:cool:
Bake time on the stone in Webber (way to hot inside) 30 mins full noise!;)
20200124_200436.jpg

This was all 400g 100g of starter two for one pizza cuz I couldn't handle the stick check the slice out! Thick as thieves :eek:
20200124_200451.jpg

Yeah a bit doughy but even so it's happy in the belly the beauty about sourdough already partially digested like a Belgian quad LOL
Cheerz:)

If your interested bob here is the link to the pineapple juice. These fellows are hard core sourdough bread mob much like I'd say out hard core brewing mob here :).

Both part 1&2 are quite interesting reads from yeast bacteria perspective both useful to brewing and bread making I recon as both need vigerous healthy pitches of yeast to make a successful product;).
http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/10856/pineapple-juice-solution-part-1

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/10901/pineapple-juice-solution-part-2

Here's a pic if how my young starter is going that tape line is where the mixed dough is before activation.View attachment 8529

Trying my first bread with it today see how it goes...fingers crossed:rolleyes:

Thanks Ben. I'll give it a read.

We had our employee event at the shop tonight and I made 4 pizzas from the dough I made and posted yesterday.
The pies came out great, but I didn't take any pictures of them.
After many different flour experiments, I like the King Arthur, unbleached bread flour the best.
Cheers,
Brian

Nice looking pizza's. I'll be doing bread and pizza over the next few days. Sounds like I'm going to have some time on my hands. Work has been shut down for at least 2 weeks.

Back