closed system transfer from Wide Mouth Plastic Fermenter

Brewer #248031

Trial Member
Reaction score
How would you do a closed system transfer from a wide mouth to a keg? I'm thinking that the pressure of co2 would be the big problem, and I'm pretty sure low and slow could work...

Trying to limit O2 contact when kegging. Other ideas are welcome. I do pretty big IPA's and the O2 is a nasty provblem.

I have an extra regulator and hose on my CO2 tank. Purge out the keg for a min or two then slow down the CO2 flow a bit and put it through the bubbler hole and let purge while transferring.

Hi west1m. Thanks for responding. So, not sure what I'm supposed to put through the bubbler hole. I also use an auto-siphon to transfer the liquic.

I have the spigot on the bottom but without it just cover the top with a dish cloth rinsed in Starsan with the CO2 hose and the auto siphon in the top just to keep it closed up as much as possible. Just keep a CO2 purge going into the frementer while you are draining into the keg you already purged with CO2. The CO2 is heavier than air so as long as things are calm it will just push out the CO2 you purged it with as you fill.

I have the spigot on the bottom but without it just cover the top with a dish cloth rinsed in Starsan with the CO2 hose and the auto siphon in the top just to keep it closed up as much as possible. Just keep a CO2 purge going into the frementer while you are draining into the keg you already purged with CO2. The CO2 is heavier than air so as long as things are calm it will just push out the CO2 you purged it with as you fill.
Thank you. That will work!

Back