New BJCP Guidelines

Wow! Those are a lot of changes. Is this list set in stone, or is this just a list of possible changes? Jeez, I was just getting familiar with the existing style guide.

I hope the site gets updated with the new guidelines; there has not been any new updates or features in many months...

End of the year before BJCP is done with this....
IPA ... black, red, white, brown, belgian, rye ... lol ... we homebrewers do like our IPAs don't we?
oh! the almighty hop flower! :)
Only been in this hobby a couple of years and could see the need. At the same, darn it, I had just really learned the various categories and subcategories. This is all good.

I'm sure the categories will be updated when it's official .. patience.

I've been doing a lot of stylistically-correct Germans and have discovered that hop flavor is highly over-rated. Even my IPAs have a very sweet base to counter the bitterness - think grapefruit juice as a base measure of the bitterness. Some "IPA"s, like a Belgian IPA, taste vaguely poisonous to me. I think the lupulin craze will eventually die out, balance will be restored to the Universe, dogs and cats will no longer lie down together....

Hey, if you want a gazillion IBUs, go for it. I don't think that constitutes a "style", though.

Once finalized and approved we will update, yes.

At that order of magnitude, I think the two scales are effectively equal.

Kinda like the inclusion of the historical brews, if for no other reason than the inclusion of the Kentucky Common

(Cue Duelling Banjos).... I keep trying to make a good Ky. Common, being a Muhlenberg County boy myself....

Nosybear said:
(Cue Duelling Banjos).... I keep trying to make a good Ky. Common, being a Muhlenberg County boy myself....

Never heard of Kentucky Common until you posted about it previously. Now it's making the BJCP style guide. Probably something every beer lover should investigate.

Back