Which head for March pump?

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Scored a 230 volt March MDXT-3 today for $10...no idea what it was used for previously so, just for my own piece of mind, I will be replacing the head before I use it. Thinking the Stainless "Chugger" head with a ball valve on the outlet to control flow.

To those of use who have used these before, what heads have worked best for you.

Note: I KNOW I can't just plug 230 into a wall outlet, my kettle is 230 also and I have a 40 amp service to work with.

Scored a 230 volt March MDXT-3 today for $10...no idea what it was used for previously so, just for my own piece of mind, I will be replacing the head before I use it. Thinking the Stainless "Chugger" head with a ball valve on the outlet to control flow.

To those of use who have used these before, what heads have worked best for you.

Note: I KNOW I can't just plug 230 into a wall outlet, my kettle is 230 also and I have a 40 amp service to work with.
Go the Stainless head if replacing it.
Here's mine
20200126_160450.jpg

Definitely stainless, I have the same pump as Ben, super easy to clean too.

Actually, I think mine are chuggers, as long as they are magnetic drive you are good.

Actually, I think mine are chuggers, as long as they are magnetic drive you are good.
The heads are interchangeable, will be using a "Chugger" brand head. The goal is to have a system that runs off a singe 220 plug...may have to use a step down transformer for the hood...If I do that I'll probably also mount up my Mark II pump for a little more flexibility.

Back