Coopers Hopped LME Data

Wilde

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm finding it difficult applying the IBU & EBC data provided for Coopers Hopped LME cans into my Beer-Smith program to arrive at the correct recipe for a mini-mash using Coopers hopped extract cans as my base. My problem is that when I enter the data provided on the Coopers product page for a type of hopped LME, it sends my Beer-Smith recipe numbers through the roof. Can anyone please offer any suggestions on how I can resolve this, please? Many thanks.

Hi all, I'm finding it difficult applying the IBU & EBC data provided for Coopers Hopped LME cans into my Beer-Smith program to arrive at the correct recipe for a mini-mash using Coopers hopped extract cans as my base. My problem is that when I enter the data provided on the Coopers product page for a type of hopped LME, it sends my Beer-Smith recipe numbers through the roof. Can anyone please offer any suggestions on how I can resolve this, please? Many thanks.
My first suggestion would be to contact Beersmith. This is not a Beersmith support site.

Yeah, hey Ford forum my Chevy is making this weird noise and I'm wondering if any of you know about it.

Try searching the beersmith forum for coopers lme. I have no knowledge of beersmith myself but I'm sure there are others that have done what you are doing. There might even be some people on here that can provide you with some hints, for all I know beersmith is a pretty common tool.

I thought cooper made hockey helmets...

Maybe that's just a Canadian perspective

I think Cooper went out of business a while ago. I know finding a proper Jofa is near impossible.

I thought cooper made hockey helmets...

Maybe that's just a Canadian perspective
Coopers is a family owned beer manufacturer here in Aus Coopers Malt Cans are pretty much the Hombrew staple here in Aus well most Hombrewers Probably start out with a Coopers Hombrew Kit and the "Coopers Lager" green can I'd say would be the most popular malt and Kilo hombrew kit can in Aus.

If I meet a Hombrewer here in Aus and they brew extract I just say ah you brew the "green cans" and pretty much most times it's a yep.

Pre hopped extracts are made to add water, heat or boil to sterilize, cool to fermentation temperature and add the yeast. If you want to make the beer stronger, add some dextrose. Brewing software isn't written to deal with pre hopped extracts. and there is no need to use brewing software to brew these pre hopped kits. Read and follow the instructions. It's as simple as that. There are plenty of kits out there that use unhoped extracts and will allow you to use software while building your recipe, adding grains and hops as you want.

You might search through this guy's youtube channel. He does several videos on brewing with Coopers extracts. Doubtful that any of them any of them address your question, but he may have something useful to help you with adding to one of these kits.

If it is of any help, Midwest Supplies used to offer an Everday English Ale in their 20 minute boil extract kits. It was a can of HME (muntons I think) with a pound of DME and an ounce of finishing hops. Depending on what you wanted (I.e., color) you could steep some grains before adding any ME or finish hops. I can't imagine any recipe calculator detailing this, but you could calculate by hand I assume.

I did about 6 batches almost exactly that when I started brewing. Worked fine and the beer tasted good enough.

Back