Brew Years Resolutions

BOB357

Trial Member
Reaction score
Someone's gotta start it!

I'll lead off.
My first is to use up the few pounds of 2016 crop hops. None have shown any signs of degradation, but I'm sure they will eventually.
Last year I dialed in my house APA and IPA, so for this year I resolve to do the same with a house ESB and a Blonde.

Dialing in a few go-to "house" recipes is definitely a goal for 2020.

But most importantly for me is to continue keeping it simple and keeping it fun. Actually, that will be my resolution for every year.

Best to everyone and tons of brew success for 2020.

I’d like to brew a variety of styles. I’ve been sticking with hoppy beers but I need to expand my horizons. I will be brewing a Berliner Weiss (when I have the time) English style pale ale, Pilsner, and some Hefeweizen. That’s all I have planned so far, but will plan more.

I also need to work on not forgetting to add whirlfloc at the end of the boil (Facepalm)

My red ipa ended up being a hazy red and it’s not the prettiest beer but tastes great.

Last year was perfecting previous recipies but I blew that pretty quick to many new brews to do.
Most of my beers are made from what I've got in stock at the Time.

But I suppose after two scorched wort dumpers last year My Brew year 2020 resolution is not to brew any DUMPERS!:D

And part 2 resolutions is to keep up a good thirst for beer and this wonderful hobby;)!

I’d like to brew a variety of styles. I’ve been sticking with hoppy beers but I need to expand my horizons. I will be brewing a Berliner Weiss (when I have the time) English style pale ale, Pilsner, and some Hefeweizen. That’s all I have planned so far, but will plan more.

I also need to work on not forgetting to add whirlfloc at the end of the boil (Facepalm)

My red ipa ended up being a hazy red and it’s not the prettiest beer but tastes great.

fyi: The latest issue of Zymurgy has an article on Traditional Berliner Weisse.

As with other years, I plan to continue to dial in my house recipes as well as add one new recipe to my repertoire. This will also be the year I start to plan my indoor electric brewery. As much as I enjoy brewing outdoors in the summer, in the winter in Montreal it is not so much fun.

As with other years, I plan to continue to dial in my house recipes as well as add one new recipe to my repertoire. This will also be the year I start to plan my indoor electric brewery. As much as I enjoy brewing outdoors in the summer, in the winter in Montreal it is not so much fun.
I hear ya on that. Montana gets pretty chilly too. I started building a covered patio with a storage room in the fall and as it got colder I ended up with a closed in, insulated, heated brewery room. Lots of windows so can see outside when we brew.

I'm really going to try my best to stop buying beer and go with homebrew almost exclusively. I want to brew more and more often than not, I think my brews are more satisfying.
And it may sound absurd, but I'd like to try and *gulp* drink less:eek:

I hear ya on that. Montana gets pretty chilly too. I started building a covered patio with a storage room in the fall and as it got colder I ended up with a closed in, insulated, heated brewery room. Lots of windows so can see outside when we brew.
Gotta say that description makes me a little jealous. When I do finally move indoors I will be stuck in the basement.

I'm really going to try my best to stop buying beer and go with homebrew almost exclusively. I want to brew more and more often than not, I think my brews are more satisfying.
Won't work @thunderwagn . Have to do research, comparisons, etc. How will you know what the new NESWNWSEIIPA will taste like so you can brew one?:D

Think it was three years ago now but went cold Turkey in January ended up following the missus on a juice fast and no I'm not doing that this Jan but I expect we all need to moderate drinking some time or other especially after the Christmas period. Good Luck Thunderwagon.

Back