NEIPA_PASSION_FRUIT

I trying to do NEIPA with a characteristics of passion fruit, so i decided use passionfruit in primary fermentation in order to enhance flavor and aroma, and not only hops. I appreciate feedbacks and tips in this recipe to make a good beer.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/930023/neipa-passion-fruit
I'd look for one of the many hops out there that mention passionfruit in their flavor description and dry hop with it. Fermented fruit does not taste like the original fruit.

I'd keep your beta-glucan adjuncts to ~20% of your grist or you're going to have a bad time lautering. Increase your base malt as needed. As far as hops go, remove the Chinook unless you want a graperuit bomb. Passionfruit hops are: Simcoe, Citra, Galaxy and Vic Secret.

Reduce your sulfate to 50-75ish ppm and increase your CaCl to 125-150 ppm to get a fuller mouthfeel.

I'd look for one of the many hops out there that mention passionfruit in their flavor description and dry hop with it. Fermented fruit does not taste like the original fruit.

Its make sense, i will remove the passion fruit and change hops strategy

Recipe updated. Thanks.

I'd keep your beta-glucan adjuncts to ~20% of your grist or you're going to have a bad time lautering. Increase your base malt as needed. As far as hops go, remove the Chinook unless you want a graperuit bomb. Passionfruit hops are: Simcoe, Citra, Galaxy and Vic Secret.

Reduce your sulfate to 50-75ish ppm and increase your CaCl to 125-150 ppm to get a fuller mouthfeel.

thanks for the tips. I made some adjustments, and updated.

Just had a look at your recipe, and see that you brewed this on the 19th, how did it go, what is happening with it now?

Back