How to Change Default Boil Time

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Got bit on a recipe this weekend - I was doing a Belgian Blonde created through the Recipe Editor and I forgot to change one small factor, my boil time, from 60 minutes to 90 minutes. Turned out all right in the end, all I did was add back the extra two quarts of water boiled off in the extra thirty minutes of boil time but it led me to wonder, is there a way to change the default boil time in my profile to 90 minutes?

I haven't seen it I guess it needs to be added next to the default efficiency

I'd think so. I went looking for it once I realized what was going on and could not find a setting anywhere.

90 mins is my default boil time and so far (knock wood) I've never had a DMS problem even when using 100% pilsener malts.

bump... over three years and no option available for this?

My stove was recently "fixed" and now it doesn't boil nearly as hard as it used to, had to adjust to 90 minute boils.

When you go into the recipe, and edit it, you get this screen:
Untitled.png

Just put the boil time in there.

I also believe that a setting for default boil time would be a fantastic addition to the general_settings screen.

Many people are brewing with different brew times and it is not ideal to have to change it every time we create a new recipe. We have settings for almost everything else in there, this would make a great addition.

Thank you for the continued improvements to this fine product.

Back