iPhone Application Forum

I plan on using the app this weekend for a brew session. I'll let you know how things go!

My biggest gotcha is not syncing with my online profile, but I know you are working on that. Timers and mash calculators are next in line.

Krimbos said:
Ipad version coming?

No plans for that as the site works great through Safari. Yes you do need a internet connection for that to work.

Regarding iPad, it works fine in 2x mode, so that is another option as well. Wanted to wait and test that out before suggesting that as an option. If you need to work offline, purchasing the app on iPad would be a good way to go. Keep in mind though, the UI is tailored for an iPhone. The wording and buttons are nice and big through, and just slightly pixelated.

How can I use decimals? It is not working on the IPhone and Ipad.

Decimals are supported, look for the decimal '.' character in the lower left corner.

No, It's not! On my IPhone and Ipad, decimal is not working, when I press "," none happens.

EDBIER said:
No, It's not! On my IPhone and Ipad, decimal is not working, when I press "," none happens.

What field are you working in, and what locale is your phone set to? What are you trying to enter in the field?

If you are thinking of using a comma to separate large numbers, like "1,000,000", the app would require it to be 1000000.

I'm trying to put 2,85 L/Kg on the "Starting Mash Thickness" field, but the comma is not working. Tks.

EDBIER said:
I'm trying to put 2,85 L/Kg on the "Starting Mash Thickness" field, but the comma is not working. Tks.

Try 2.85, that will work. Use a period instead of a comma.

Again, what locale (country/language) are you in?

LarryBrewer said:
EDBIER said:

Try 2.85, that will work. Use a period instead of a comma.

Again, what locale (country/language) are you in?

You must be in a region that uses the comma as the decimal place. We are working hard on a fix for this! Stay tuned.

Fix for this will be part of the next release. It will convert the comma to a period when inputting numbers.

The 1.6 release also fixes the issue with inputting numbers with commas as the decimal place!

Another voice to support an iPad app. I would love to be able to have my data off-line and I hate the 2X iPhone keyboard on the iPad. Thanks!

Not shure where to put this but I cant seem to change the final gravity in my "recipe" as I guess the calculator figured it out for me but I would like to edit it to what FG I ended up with and then it could update the alc/vol percentage and weather it fits the style.
I am finding the app very useful and see that its changing and improving with time. I know already I'm going to love it!
Thank You :D

joesmink said:
Not shure where to put this but I cant seem to change the final gravity in my "recipe" as I guess the calculator figured it out for me but I would like to edit it to what FG I ended up with and then it could update the alc/vol percentage and weather it fits the style.
I am finding the app very useful and see that its changing and improving with time. I know already I'm going to love it!
Thank You :D

Under the yeast section, look for the custom attenuation field. Yeast attenuation is the only factor that influences FG in the recipe editor.

Yes, mash temp, ferment temp, yeast strain, wort composition, enzymes, etc all influence the FG... That said it is fairly complicated to wrangle all that into an equation that works for everybody. The custom attenuation field provides a way for each brewer to use their judgement/experience and target the expected FG.

Hello, great thing you have going here.

I'm a small batch brewer who just scaled up. It's easy enough to do simple scaling calculations but re-entering the data is kind of a pain. I believe there is a scaling function on the full site, but I haven't been able to find it in the app. Perhaps because it isn't there?

I was just wondering if you could point me in the direction of that feature on the app, or if it isn't there, to make a request that a scaling function be added. That'd be great!

If it could be saved to a new recipe so as to keep both batch sizes as individual recipes, even better!

Thanks for the app and all the support.

Will ask the tech guys to check it out.

I would love to see a "Quick Water Calculation" on the iPhone app. I use BIAB and rely on the total volume number for getting the recipe started. Alternatively, the "qt/lb" field could be disabled in BIAB mode so that the "strike calc." field under "quick calcs" tab would be accurate for full volume recipes (based on equipment profile), but this is a change for both desktop and iPhone software.

Also, I would like to see a water chemistry calculator on the app that works like the desktop i.e. show the effect of each unit if brewing salt. The desktop calculator is so helpful that I can do a quick trial and error of a few different salts to reach my target profile. I miss this on the iPhone and am forced to run to the desktop while heating strike water.

Finally, I measure yeast in grams and would like a field to enter that other than "notes." The current "Pitch Rate" field is, for me, not very helpful for keeping notes for later reference. If I enter "ProBrewer 0.75" and come back a month from now, I would have to reverse calculate the actual weight in grams that I used.

Compliments are also due; the UI is incredibly attractive - someone deserves a raise! The organization is intuitive, especially the use of boxes (as in when several fermentables are entered). Even the color scheme is perfect. The "fermentables" section on the iPhone is even better than the desktop version because of the organization of fermentables into drop down menus of "Adjunct," "Dry Extracts" "Grain," etc.

Back