Ingredients availability.

Kosh

Trial Member
Reaction score
I really wish I could find a homebrew company with fast product turnover (fresh!) that has everything i want! Not like my order is strange... one company has all my ingredients, but NO munich dme! Another has the dme but no caramunuch 3 or the yeast i want., or even strisselspalt hops! it's very expensive shipping when shopping different companies! a conspiracy? doubt it but frustrating! local shop can get stuff if i want to wait two + weeks, and I've had issues with fresh hops and lme there in the past. This situation stinks! Agggghhhhh! Perhaps dme DOES have shelf life of 2 years possibly? So how long on THEIR shelf before I got it? not always a date printed., not fresh? then i want my $$ back! .... sad, rant over.

I DO plan out my brew sessions but still always have this situation. guess i need a new attack plan!

Last edited:
I really wish I could find a homebrew company with fast product turnover (fresh!) that has everything i want! Not like my order is strange... one company has all my ingredients, but NO munich dme! Another has the dme but no caramunuch 3 or the yeast i want., or even strisselspalt hops! it's very expensive shipping when shopping different companies! a conspiracy? doubt it but frustrating! local shop can get stuff if i want to wait two + weeks, and I've had issues with fresh hops and lme there in the past. This situation stinks! Agggghhhhh! Perhaps dme DOES have shelf life of 2 years possibly? So how long on THEIR shelf before I got it? not always a date printed., not fresh? then i want my $$ back! .... sad, rant over.

I DO plan out my brew sessions but still always have this situation. guess i need a new attack plan!
Switch to all grain fresh as the day you extracted it;).sadly you'll have to improvise hop selection sometimes my friend.

I’m seeing the same thing. I end up shopping around to get the right yeast, hops and grain. It can be frustrating.

Not to change the subject, but your profile photo shows you playing a guitar, is that a Telecaster? Nice Johnny Winter shirt, Captured Live is an awesome album.

I’m seeing the same thing. I end up shopping around to get the right yeast, hops and grain. It can be frustrating.

Not to change the subject, but your profile photo shows you playing a guitar, is that a Telecaster? Nice Johnny Winter shirt, Captured Live is an awesome album.

Yes, a john 5 tele. Johnny winter was fantastic! Northern brewing told me they might have munich dme available and a few other new ones next year. I just need to plan different brews with different companies i suppose. Not ready for all grain yet... someday! actually all my extract with steeping grain batches have turned out great, except for a couple that had that homebrew taste, old lme. no longer a problem since using good date dme.

Last edited:
Have you tried MoreBeer? They're competitively priced and everything I've ever ordered from them has given me good results. With a turnover like theirs, freshness seems like it is automatic. The only thing I use almost exclusively that they don't carry are Mangrove Jack's yeasts. Luckily, Yakima Valley Hope does :)

If you want a great assortment of extracts, William's Brewing has them. An afterthought for me, as I haven't done extract brewing in many moons.

Back