What are you drinking right now?

Schwarzbier! Getting close to reproducing the beer I was challenged to brew when I started this madness about nine years ago. View attachment 7790
The glass is from a small brewery in the Mosel Valley in Germany.
Oh just stunning Nosey what a beautiful color. I raise you a
20191104_174649.jpg

In return

9.5% Dopplebock.

First full pint after tiny testers over the last few months. She's finally ready to drink, and everything I could have wanted it to be. View attachment 7795
Aww lovely nicely presented in that slim line pilsner glass really shows off the color

Had an early taster on me fresh Leahs beer to see how it tastes with some carbonation on it.
20191105_180507.jpg
This is straight out the fermentor into the glass pouring great happy with the retention love the wheat and the carbonation has really brought some life into this 3.5%beer I was worried it was gunna be too watery but nope this'll be a great summer slammer. Oh and that balls up FWH WPH switch up ain't to bitter after all I'm actually digging that little bite but it's not nearly as bitey as no thought it was going to be.

All it needed was a dry hop I recon and it woulda just topped it off but I withheld for experimental purposes;):)

Aww lovely nicely presented in that slim line pilsner glass really shows off the color

Had an early taster on me fresh Leahs beer to see how it tastes with some carbonation on it. View attachment 7796This is straight out the fermentor into the glass pouring great happy with the retention love the wheat and the carbonation has really brought some life into this 3.5%beer I was worried it was gunna be too watery but nope this'll be a great summer slammer. Oh and that balls up FWH WPH switch up ain't to bitter after all I'm actually digging that little bite but it's not nearly as bitey as no thought it was going to be.

All it needed was a dry hop I recon and it woulda just topped it off but I withheld for experimental purposes;):)
Good looking Brew man!

Call time is over! Celebration is out and after some discussion around here on Anchor Steam, I have had a craving! I think it'll be my next brew after the dunkel.
View attachment 7825
I haven't seen that in forever. It used to be one of our knock off drinks at a bar i worked in the late 80s. Probably tasted nothing like it should with the shipping times to Aus.

Call time is over! Celebration is out and after some discussion around here on Anchor Steam, I have had a craving! I think it'll be my next brew after the dunkel.
View attachment 7825

Just found the first Celebration we've seen this year at Sams Club in Reno today. Looking forward to having a couple tomorrow. Too burnt out after a long day to unload the car tonight. It's always one to wait for.

Just found the first Celebration we've seen this year at Sams Club in Reno today. Looking forward to having a couple tomorrow. Too burnt out after a long day to unload the car tonight. It's always one to wait for.
Luckily, I think Celebration is better with a bit of time on it:D

How much do you think it was dry hopping twice vs just adding in more dry hop?
It wasn't so much that it was two hop additions, as it was increasing the amount. I read a brulosophy on dry hopping, it determined that roughly 1oz per gallon was optimum. Any more hops added above that did not add anything to the beer, but less was noticable. I had already added approx a 1/2 oz per gallon to the fermenter on this batch, so added another charge to bring it up to 1oz/gal.

Kinky Wizard
Berry IPA by Jackass Brewing, 6.5%
I am not a "fruit in my beer" kind of guy but this is quite nice, the mixed berries come across a bit tart which works well with the hops.
20191109_165232.jpg

Dry Dock Pilsner. Almost as good as back in the Old Country.
Not sure you’re a Vanilla Porter fan or not, but we’ve brewed a clone of Dry Dock’s “Urca” Vanilla Porter several times and have one fermenting now as it’s one of our favorites. Have you had one from the brewery and your thoughts?

Back