Best serving pressure for stout on nitro

Jhogan0101

Trial Member
Reaction score
Just curious what kind of results other guys have had. Im planning on 12psi @ 45F with a 30co2/70n2 blend.

I'm not high class enough to have nitro at home. Mr Lah tih dah!

I don't keg.... Pass.

Just curious what kind of results other guys have had. Im planning on 12psi @ 45F with a 30co2/70n2 blend.
Would it be much different than standard carbonation settings.

12psi for standard co2 carbonation is on the high end especially for a normaly lower carbonated stout. But maybe you need that extra preassure with nitro to get that magical reverse cascading inversion up the glass.
As with some things in this Hobby it just may be a trial and error thing but I recon 12-14psi maybe a great place to start.

I'd start low then if not at right carbonation just increase the regulator until it's crack on the mark take note then serve here in future.

Good luck

Sorry... can’t help either. Doesn’t do anything for flavor, so no slot in my Keezer for the nitro faucet

Would it be much different than standard carbonation settings.

12psi for standard co2 carbonation is on the high end especially for a normaly lower carbonated stout. But maybe you need that extra preassure with nitro to get that magical reverse cascading inversion up the glass.
As with some things in this Hobby it just may be a trial and error thing but I recon 12-14psi maybe a great place to start.

I'd start low then if not at right carbonation just increase the regulator until it's crack on the mark take note then serve here in future.

Good luck
Thanks, the blend was actually 25/75. I called a few bars and seems like the number is between 25 and 30 psi. I have it at 25 now and seems pretty good but thats also with a stout tap w diffuser plate.

Thanks for the research. I'm going to replace the lines in the kegerator at Christmas and set it up so that one tap can do nitro so this will be useful.

Thanks, the blend was actually 25/75. I called a few bars and seems like the number is between 25 and 30 psi. I have it at 25 now and seems pretty good but thats also with a stout tap w diffuser plate.
Gee wizz I was way off!:eek:

That is some pressure like burst carb pressure if that pressure don't give you some thick creamy head I don't know what will.

What stops you just pouring foam is it this diffuser plate? Interesting stuff jhogan

Gee wizz I was way off!:eek:

That is some pressure like burst carb pressure if that pressure don't give you some thick creamy head I don't know what will.

What stops you just pouring foam is it this diffuser plate? Interesting stuff jhogan
This is a good video on how the faucet works

This is a good video on how the faucet works
Cheers much appreciated I learnt something today I recon that'd add an edge to your stouts/porters what about dark lagers is nitro a thing for swartzbier dunkles ect ECT?

Cheers much appreciated I learnt something today I recon that'd add an edge to your stouts/porters what about dark lagers is nitro a thing for swartzbier dunkles ect ECT?
Nitrro was a thing for milkshake IPAs last year. Haven't seen it in a while, but it worked with some of those.

Back