Ridiculous Fermenter

Here’s where its at now, almost 24 hours later. The fermentation was so ferocious that the temp went to 74F while i was sleeping. I was very surprised to see that 45F was not cold enough to keep it from going above 66F. I lowered the freezer to 40F and the temps started coming down. The temp has stabilized now at 65/66F. I REALLY hope it will not be bananaweizen bc of the temp spike. Im going to keep it cold for the rest of the fermentation to try and balance out the flavor with more clove accents.
https://ibb.co/4S4KXGn
Gee I hope so too see if you've got that heater inside the wort it will create some sorta hot spot around it which could be contributing to a higher fermentation area if but isolated that your temp probe ain't picking up. Ah but your also circulating it with a pump so maybe she's right mate.

It's my understanding that the first few days of fermentation are critical for keeping temps down and hopefully phenols at bay once through this primary ferm phase it should be ok for temp rises just not down or you may flock the yeast.

I'm legit curious to see how this turns out.

Yeah your SG definitely shouldn't be rising like that.

Back