footer is covering some pages

Same issue for me...I can actually see all the forum topics on my phone but have no functionality for recipes or forum on my laptop using Chrome or Firefox; looks like this is the new reality for this website, which is a shame. Sucks for you guys who just paid...hopefully it will be fiixed soon, but unlikely.

Same issue here, and today is a brew day. It was fine a day ago, and oddly enough works on my iPad just fine. I'm a premium member and a bit hacked off.

Yanman: Could you repost the workaround. Your post was blocked by the footer. Thanks

On a webkit browser right+click on the footer and choose "Inspect Element". Ensure you are on the "Elements" tab of the developer tools and select the "<div id="footerbox"> and either delete that node or go to the styles tab of the css inspector and uncheck "position: absolute". You will have to keep doing this until they get around to actually fixing this. On IE press f12 for the dev tools IE 11 you can use right+click, and in Firefox download and install firebug for the tools. Here's an image that may help too:

Attachments

• footerbox.png
    footerbox.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 3,579
Thanks for the help guys. At least, for now, I am able to work with my brew sessions. Sure do appreciate it.

Dan

I spotted that css absolute thing too but I guess everyone is on holiday, I guess someone needs to talk to a developer, I was a project manager for a web site but burnt out years ago and won't work for free any more

@frozenbeach: Thanks. I don't suppose you could write a quick Chrome extension, could you?

we want the footer relative to the very bottom div not hugging the bottom of the screen and defiantly not absolute in css

Use Chrome, and add the ad blocker extension. Gets rid of all the ads, and doesn't cause footer issues. I had no idea the ads were so bad until I printed one of my recipes...

yanman said:
@frozenbeach: Thanks. I don't suppose you could write a quick Chrome extension, could you?
I'm not @frozenbeach, what he posted works in chrome.

• scroll down to the footer and right click in the empty space right above the heading "Pages"
  • select "inspect element"
  • the line for FooterPages should be highlighted.
  • about 4 lines above that is the line with "footerbox", click on it
  • after click on it, the right portion of the little window will have a box with "media="screen"" and then #footerbox
  • in the indented list of items the top item should be "position: absolute;"
  • when you mouse over it there should appear checked checkboxes, uncheck the box next to "position: absolute;"
  • close the inspect element window b clicking the X in the top right corner of the inspect element window

Thanks, slick. I actually posted the work-around earlier.

It's just a giant pain in the ass, so I was hoping someone like frozenbeach who obviously has more skill than me could write an extension that automatically fixes it.

I'm not angry but the lack of response from the new owners of this site tells me everything that I need to know. When I was reviewing it, there were regular updates of content, the site, and its tools. In the past 4 months the only thing that’s been done is they’ve dumped crap ads everywhere and in the process screwed up the formatting of the site. I think the community is good as well as the original content, however, I also looked at their other properties and see where this site is now headed. So why on earth would one want support them now?

@Tore: We all owe you. Thanks for your contribution and I only wish I could pay you back somehow.

On the off chance you are in Houston, let me know and I'll give you some homebrew.

yanman said:
@Tore: We all owe you. Thanks for your contribution and I only wish I could pay you back somehow.

On the off chance you are in Houston, let me know and I'll give you some homebrew.

Very kind :)

Sorry about that everyone.

It has been resolved.

Indeed, it hasn't been resolved, but thanks to Tore's extension we don't have to see the footer.
Thank you Tore.

Austin said:
Sorry about that everyone.

It has been resolved.

Hi Austin

I have just gone to a recipe search, and the problem is still there. I find it quite strange that a company who runs websites (going off other threads here, I assume that's what you do) can't even get this right.

Maybe time to hire some better developers????? This is starting to get farcical.

Back