WHATS GOING ON ?

SeanKTM300

Trial Member
Reaction score
None of my recipes are loading ??????

Interface looks different ?

Not happy about all these changes I discovered tonight. Wait until you go into recipe editor and find everything has arrow boxes that cover the values.

Thanks Brewer. HOWEVER It was was not checked. I still cant see any recipes. See snapshot of my screen.
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 11.40.04 AM.png

Not happy about all these changes I discovered tonight. Wait until you go into recipe editor and find everything has arrow boxes that cover the values.

Agreed. The new editor is a cluttered mess and I'm starting to get tired of having to re-adjust to a new tool design every time I sit down to use it. I do software QA for a living, at the end of the day I just want to make beer.

Whats going on
Everything has changed, the entire look of the website.
I DON"T like it, give us the old settings back as an option PLEASE

Why do the words 'never learn' keep popping up in my head...come on guys. Really?
#worsttimingever
Nope...they're not going to get it. I don't know who or what is driving the incessant changes (which have resulted in debilitating glitches every single time) but it's beginning to look like the owners and coders are deliberately just thumbing their noses at all the established members who keep begging them to just leave things the hell alone for a while.
It's like they're trying harder to drive off paying customers.
Unbelievable.

Agreed. The new editor is a cluttered mess and I'm starting to get tired of having to re-adjust to a new tool design every time I sit down to use it. I do software QA for a living, at the end of the day I just want to make beer.
It's become apparent that the owners of the site want to play with software development (ineptly and in real time, live) rather than concentrate on helping people make beer.

Thanks Brewer. HOWEVER It was was not checked. I still cant see any recipes. See snapshot of my screen.
View attachment 7410
I myself have all my recipes in the default folder. It looks like your recipes are in sub folders. Click each sub folder individually and see if they appear. Also try removing Barley wine from the search box while clicking a sub folder.

It's become apparent that the owners of the site want to play with software development (ineptly and in real time, live) rather than concentrate on helping people make beer.

Only thing I can figure is that those voicing concerns are a very small portion of the actual paying member base. If that's is the case, their loss and our unhappiness is minimal...small potatoes...

After all the complaining about the print utility, and it getting fixed, they have completely screwed it up again.

My last brew session is November 9th.

I have all my recipes in the default folder. Also try removing Barley wine from the search box while clicking a sub folder.
This got me last night as well. I had oats as a search parameter.

I'm like 90% sure that's the issue here, there's no recipes with barleywine in the blonde recipe folder.

Seems to be fixed. Im not against experimentation/change/innovation/pushing the boundaries, as long as if there is hitch it is resolved with alacrity - which Brewers Friend has done. I'm happy. Good job.

Seems to be fixed. Im not against experimentation/change/innovation/pushing the boundaries, as long as if there is hitch it is resolved with alacrity - which Brewers Friend has done. I'm happy. Good job.

I disagree. When a company is charging folks to provide a service, they have an obligation to employ basic change management protocols. In this case, the developer failed to test their changes against Firefox, one of the most common web browsers in use today. That's a glaring oversight with an exceptionally simple solution that would have avoided breaking things in the first place.

This site is built on free, opensource projects that DO adhere to proper change management. I'd expect a service profitting off the these works to do the same.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh, but I've been in change management business since before there were free, off the shelf products to do it for you, so I'm speaking from my experience of whats deemed acceptable in the corporate world.

not happy with changes, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Back