Mecca Grade Malt

AGbrewer

Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy Mecca Grade Malt for under $100 a bag? I'm in Texas and can't seem to find it under $100 per bag from NB.

What part of Texas are you in? I've never seen it in the Austin area. Your only hope of getting it cheaper is to see if you can ingratiate yourself with a local brewery and see if they can get a few bags tucked into a shipment. I doubt you're going to save a lot, though. Since the shipping on a bag of malt is pretty steep and local "artisan" malt is $65 a bag direct from the maltster, that $110 with shipping included doesn't seem too out of line.
What's the reason you're set on that malt?

It's not even available in Canada so no idea. Some local maltsters here have me hooked.

What part of Texas are you in? I've never seen it in the Austin area. Your only hope of getting it cheaper is to see if you can ingratiate yourself with a local brewery and see if they can get a few bags tucked into a shipment. I doubt you're going to save a lot, though. Since the shipping on a bag of malt is pretty steep and local "artisan" malt is $65 a bag direct from the maltster, that $110 with shipping included doesn't seem too out of line.
What's the reason you're set on that malt?

I'm in Austin Texas area. You are probably spot on about getting it cheaper with a Brewery.

As for the Maltster, I've read some good reviews about their malts and just wanted to try it to see what all the fuss was about. Perhaps I'll get with someone and split the cost of the bag between us.

Pm me and we can exchange contact info.

Back