What are you drinking right now?

Picked about 15 pounds ripe/semi ripe today and another 5 pounds green. Wife made some fresh salsa with the ripe ones and I've got the green ones cooking down for some salsa verde. (Green Sauce). There was a frost warning for tomorrow morning. Now they've changed it to Tuesday :) Weather isn't easy to predict here in the high desert. It can change 40+ degrees F in a few hours. Only planted 2 tomato plants this year and they've produced well.

Nautical Star with a bit of Makers. A little whiskey goes great in this brew!
20190928_210146.jpg

Last edited:
Nautical Star with a bit of Makers. A bit of whiskey goes great in this brew!
View attachment 7397
I just kicked my keg of that sux I got a blow fly in my secon last glass! I really need to cover my beer sometimes lol I was wondering what that flavour was lol :eek:.
I'm gunna clean that keg out and get it purged using current fermentation.
So it's just lil ale for me this arvo.
20190929_130716.jpg

I use Cluster exclusively in my pre prohibition lagers and don't detect anything I would describe as catty. Do you have any details on brews you've noticed this in? Just curious. I have a Cluster/2-row brew planned to use up some aging hops and don't want to screw it up.

I use Cluster exclusively in my pre prohibition lagers and don't detect anything I would describe as catty. Do you have any details on brews you've noticed this in? Just curious. I have a Cluster/2-row brew planned to use up some aging hops and don't want to screw it up.

Just Golden Light DME and 9.3AA Cluster, it isn't horrible, but I overdid the cluster a bit, overall I like Cluster a lot, but, I think I like it better when paired with Saaz. I'm still just learning this stuff. Went a bit heavy on the Cluster intentionally, trying to get a good feel for my ingredients and how they affect a beer.

Must be nice! All we get in our area is Brews, Blues and BBQs. The same poor representation of 2 out of the three categories every year. The music is great!

I'm glad it's local cause I really look forward to it every year.

View attachment 7428
Friday for me this week. Cheers to the GABF! May the best beers win!
I do like the 2013 the best of this series of beers. Only a few of them left in the cellar :(.
Very nice! Breaking out the big guns! It sounds like you do have a favorite, but just out curiosity, do you think there is a quality difference since AB took over? I think every beer I've tried from a brewery AB aquired is still just as good. I think Wicked Weed is still just as delicious as ever.

Definitely will visit 10 Barrel while we're in Bend beginning a week from today. One of the first bought out by AB INBEV and one I can tell you for sure hasn't suffered a bit. Beer is still great and employees are still happy. We have been there several times since the buyout and will include it in our plans whenever we visit Bend.

Definitely will visit 10 Barrel while we're in Bend beginning a week from today. One of the first bought out by AB INBEV and one I can tell you for sure hasn't suffered a bit. Beer is still great and employees are still happy. We have been there several times since the buyout and will include it in our plans whenever we visit Bend.
Pretty much what I've heard from others. Quality hasn't suffered. Freedom to brew as before, and employees just as happy.

When they sold out i researched a little and they still brew what they want. Ten Barrel too. AB just brews some like the ipa for larger volumes and sales.

Yard mowed snipped and patio blown down I think I've ernt this refresher. CHEERS! View attachment 7430
Looks like the earth is flipping... you get your summer back and we get winter! It’s all good though.... I love all the seasons. If we ever get on your side of the ponds, I’ll have to look you up.... your beer photos always look delicious!

Back