Chocolate Stout (with cocoa), Help!

Del Dragon

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I will brew Chocolate Stout (with cocoa husk), someone knows how many cacao use (5 gallons Bach), when use it and for how long?

Thanks!

I have a chocolate cherry stout that I'm going to keg today. I used 4oz of cacao nibs in the secondary fermentor. Let it sit for 2-4 weeks.

THE FOOTER IS BLOCKING EVERYTHING AGAIN!

Pretty stinking annoying isn't it. :x

Cavebrewer said:
I have a chocolate cherry stout that I'm going to keg today. I used 4oz of cacao nibs in the secondary fermentor. Let it sit for 2-4 weeks.

Gooooooooood! :mrgreen:

Depending on the cocoa you use (I try to use natural Mexican cocoa for the chocolatey flavor it provides), start with 4 ounces. If it's not strong enough, use six in your next brew. Trial and error, you know, and so far, even my errors have been pretty tasty.... ;-)

Then 4oz will be!
And what about the rest of my recipe? Will be good this one?

Pale malt 5000grs(11lb); Chocolate 100grs(3.5oz); Roasted barley 85grs(3oz); Caramelo Dark 100grs(3.5oz); Munich 100grs(3.5oz).
Hops: Cascade 20grs (0,7oz) 90 minutes; Fuggles 15grs (0.5oz) 30 min; Fuggles 5grs (0.2oz) x 5min
IBU 27,5
Yest: Nottimgham Ale
:) :shock: :?

There doesn't look to be anything wrong with it. Not knowing your process, it's hard to predict how it will come out, not to mention I'm not familiar with at least one of the grains you're using. I don't see anything that's going to render your brew swamp water so go with it and let us know how it comes out!

Thanks a lot. I think I will brew it in two weeks.
And then I tell you how good (or not) it was.

Back