Whiskey, Bourbon, and Other Fine Spirits!

I've tried lots of fine Scotch, but just don't care for any of it. Kind of funny that Irish Whiskey isn't much different and I like most that I've tried, especially Jameson.

Old fashioned time. Made with a local craft whiskey. Makes a pretty hefty drink.
20190808_190409.jpg

I was at the distillery last Saturday. They have filled my barrel and there it sits waiting for its real name plate. Small barrels age much quicker I guess so we'll give it about 3 months or so before we start sampling.
20190824_161413.jpg

Had a nip of Makers the other night. I had never had it before, I really liked it. It was a little on the sweet side for me, but it had a great character of flavor.

Tonight, the Triple Cask, neat, this one is a beauty! It's a Highland that thinks it's an Islay. Very robust flavor, kinda kicks you in the nuts and rubs your back at the same time.
Timing being what it is, I am enjoying it with my latest NEIPA. Not exactly a classic pairing, but it is working for me. Really liking the color on the NEIPA.
IMG_20190913_2300511.jpg

Anyone ever try something from 291 distillery? Just might start looking for their bourban!
Bought 2 cheap bottles of other stuff while in OR. Can't wait to try...tonight hopefully. Missed my own beer so much have to have a little of that first.

Anyone ever try something from 291 distillery? Just might start looking for their bourban!
Bought 2 cheap bottles of other stuff while in OR. Can't wait to try...tonight hopefully. Missed my own beer so much have to have a little of that first.
If you want Whiskey from Colorado, your money will be much better spent on Breckenridge or Old Elk. Wyoming Whiskey ain't bad either. 291 isn't my favorite by a long shot.
When it comes to craft whiskey, and this is just my opinion, it's totally different when comparing to the 'big boy' distilleries. Totally opposite when comparing craft beer to say 'big beer'. A lot of the craft whiskey out there has a lot of catching up to do to compare to the likes the major whiskey brands. Not to say there aren't some good ones out there, and some are doing great things, but most are lacking imo.
Breckenridge does make great juice!
Old Elk does make great juice!
Wyoming Whiskey (from Wyoming of course) makes great juice.

Almost out of beer. What I have left is going out to the cabin tomorrow. Same with the spicy Fighting Cock.
So it looks like I'm stuck with this new one. First impression is smooth but a little too sweet. May need a few more to decide. Ok but missing something.
IMG_20190926_175429.jpg

That’s a nice drop. I like the fact that its 80p. Easy sipper. I think I mentioned it here before, but Canadian Club makes a fine 12 year aged sipper. Don’t bother with their 9 year. I’m having a Makers rocks now. Truth be told, it’s better in an Old Fashion or Manhattan than straight. Cheers brewers! :)

TW! You read my mind!
The Classic Laddie, one of my favorite Islays (pronounced eye law), and it pairs well with my Black IPA, which turned out a little malty, but is quite effing delish!
Happy Friday Evening!
IMG_20191011_2205518.jpg

TW! You read my mind!
The Classic Laddie, one of my favorite Islays (pronounced eye law), and it pairs well with my Black IPA, which turned out a little malty, but is quite effing delish!
Happy Friday Evening!
View attachment 7534
A lil malty never hurts when cutting with the good stuff:(Looks delicious!

It's been a horrible week/month. The beer tastes better than last time. The whiskey... probably won't order again, but hey, it was free.
IMG_20191018_171949.jpg

Back