I brewed today!

Feels good to be back in the saddle, let's hope the recipe builder isn't gonna buck on me
15685595513687175453073220600624.jpg

I got mine slated for the 24th. Would do it sooner, but we have company coming for next weekend.

Well, for me it’s getting more like as a good friend says “I took my rifle for a walk and came back to camp for a big rib-eye steak and a snort of good bourbon.”

Well, for me it’s getting more like as a good friend says “I took my rifle for a walk and came back to camp for a big rib-eye steak and a snort of good bourbon.”

Hope you have better luck than last year Dan.

Gotta remember to get some Warrior with my next hop order, Been wanting to try them for some time now, but always forget.
Same here, once I start to get low on Magnum, I want to give Warrior a go

Just ordered a pound of Warrior along with a couple pounds of Cascade and a few packets of yeast this morning. Will be trying them for bittering in place of Chinook in my house IPA. You just reminded me that I've got an unopened pound of Magnum in the freezer that I need to start using, Only a couple years old, but If I don't move them to the front now I'll forget about them.

Brewed a German Alt beer... met all our numbers. 4.5 hour brewday from flame on, to pots put away!

Nothing like some leftovers (Pasta, Kielbasa, grilled veggies and feta cheese) at 7:00am.

FEEB5522-DF68-4EFE-AC52-C5DEDCEF63BF.jpeg

What do you snack on during brew day?

Attachments

• 1E915622-C518-4F9D-A265-5E5D6C6DB546.jpeg
    1E915622-C518-4F9D-A265-5E5D6C6DB546.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 111
She came in at 1.044 4 points above gravity and 22lt into fermentor 2 saved for starter tomorrow. I'm a happy boy was a lovely Friday Arvo brew day no hiccups waiting for the wort to hit below 20c and I'll pitch in my yeast.
20190927_182024.jpg

Oh gunna have a crack at making some dog biscuits out of that spent grain.

Happy 41st Birthday Home Brewing in the USA and thank you Jimmy Carter!! I undershot the OG by about 5 points but last time I brewed this Blonde, the FG was lower than target so maybe we'll hit the ABV after all. Time will tell!

I posted a nice, steamy hot break pix for Craigrrrr to add to his favorite thread.

Nice! And, oh look a post about making beer, and not about fixes, or bugs, and such!

So, I do have a question for everyone about removing proteins(?) that accumulate right before a boil (last photo above) and whether you remove them or don’t, and what effect will it ultimately have on the finished beer... thoughts?

So, I do have a question for everyone about removing proteins(?) that accumulate right before a boil (last photo above) and whether you remove them or don’t, and what effect will it ultimately have on the finished beer... thoughts?
That last photo is stellar!
The only time I've ever skimmed in the top is when doing a kolsch. Even then, I'm not sure if it would have made a difference or not? I always leave it.

I stir it back in before pressing start on the timer. I'm pretty sure it drops out in the chill down that thick egg drop soup type stuff.

I tried scooping it off once and decided it was a pain in the a$$, so never did it again. Good to see that my apathy probably hasn't negatively impacted my beers :)

Back