Brand new to brewing!

Is it safe to say I could start brewing with a 3 gallon fermonster and a 3 gallon extract kit?
of course I would need other bits and pieces
I could repeat the same recipe a few times to get accustom.
What is a reasonable priced, yet good quality 3 gallon extract kit?

I don't see why you couldn't. I have no idea about kits though.

Is it safe to say I could start brewing with a 3 gallon fermonster and a 3 gallon extract kit?
Sounds like a trip to your local Home brew Store is in order:).

Note that you need around 20% extra volume for head space and foaming. So for a 2.5 gallon batch , you need a 3 gallon fermenter. Otherwise you'll make a mess.

I've only just started and started straight with all grain, BIAB. It was a small kit for 7 ltr blond beer and came with all the malt (crushed), hop, yeast etc.
BIAB seems a fairly straight forward way to me, not much material needed, and not too expensive.
I suppose I can handle an amount up to 12-15 litres without needing a hoist (and I'm not that strong).
So far so good ;)
If you can, I would look at an inkbird or likewise controller and an old fridge to use as fermentation chamber

Note that you need around 20% extra volume for head space and foaming. So for a 2.5 gallon batch , you need a 3 gallon fermenter. Otherwise you'll make a mess.

Nah, just get a blow off tube after your first disaster.

What size pot would you recommend if I was to do 3 gallon BIAB?

4-5 gallon will work. Note that with BIAB techniques, you can add all of your water during the mash, but you don't have to. I brew a 3 gallon batch and typically use 2 gallons in the mash and make up the rest when I start the boil.

If you are going to do full-volume mashes, a 7 gallons pot. If, like Bubba Wade says, you plan on adding water after the mash then a 5 gallon pot will work.

I brew full volume mash, 2.5 gal BIAB in a 5 gallon pot but wish I had a 7 gallon. I am limited with how much grain I can add to the 5 gallon, and therefore the gravity I can get from grain alone. Generally, I can only fit about 5.5-6lbs max of grain in the kettle with the full mash volume.

If I remember correctly, you'll be on a stove top. 5 gallon pot will work find. Itll take forever to boil much more than 4 gallons, and a bigger pot wouldn't fit on the stove top

If I remember correctly, you'll be on a stove top. 5 gallon pot will work find. Itll take forever to boil much more than 4 gallons, and a bigger pot wouldn't fit on the stove top
Yep, 1 gallon worked easily for me on a stove top, 2-3 was a challenge. Larger was a nightmare. So I moved to electric.My pot is 36 litre (9.5 gallon?) and lets me do full volume mash on 10% ABV beers.

Yep, 1 gallon worked easily for me on a stove top, 2-3 was a challenge. Larger was a nightmare. So I moved to electric.My pot is 36 litre (9.5 gallon?) and lets me do full volume mash on 10% ABV beers.
And nothing wrong with having to top off with the fermenter water if you need to

Back