Mash step(s) timer FUBAR

Yeasty Boy

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
When I start my first mash step , 62*C, all the timers start for all the remaining steps! It starts my alpha rest timer and sparge timer.

It is also missing the steps between each mash temp. ie. mash temp complete, vorlauf as necessary. Where did these go? Please put them back and let people unselect them in the brew step editing section.
EDIT- OK, sorry i see now that they were removed... but why? It seems to be messing up the step mash timers.

Brew Session
- Brew Steps - removed automatically created steps for starting and completed mash steps, combined this into one step with timer.

Thanks

Last edited:
We didn't remove those mash steps- they are in the default. Perhaps you removed them in your profile somehow(?). Can you restore the defaults? Here are mine:
upload_2019-8-19_7-2-59.png

Are yours different? Or are yours the same as that and all times are going? Trying to understand what is going on here.

When I start my first mash step , 62*C, all the timers start for all the remaining steps! It starts my alpha rest timer and sparge timer.

It is also missing the steps between each mash temp. ie. mash temp complete, vorlauf as necessary. Where did these go? Please put them back and let people unselect them in the brew step editing section.
EDIT- OK, sorry i see now that they were removed... but why? It seems to be messing up the step mash timers.

Brew Session
- Brew Steps - removed automatically created steps for starting and completed mash steps, combined this into one step with timer.

Thanks

We made some changes- can you check it on on beta if you have a chance? It's https://beta.brewersfriend.com/ I'm looking at it as well, but I haven't used the timers lately (brewed about 3 weeks ago) and can't really discern if it's better or not.

Yes it is better now, but still needs a bit. My Mash steps are the same as you posted above.

The mash steps that were removed were just the "mash step complete, vorlauf as necessary". I feel that step, while kind of un-needed, was beneficial to stop the timers. I find now when one mash step is finished the next timer starts automatically. When I actually need "mash step complete, vorlauf as necessary" for the time it takes to raise the temp up to the next step. I am having to pause/stop the next timer while raising the temp from say 65*C to 74*C. Once temp is reached I can resume the timer.

Make sense?

Yes it is better now, but still needs a bit. My Mash steps are the same as you posted above.

The mash steps that were removed were just the "mash step complete, vorlauf as necessary". I feel that step, while kind of un-needed, was beneficial to stop the timers. I find now when one mash step is finished the next timer starts automatically. When I actually need "mash step complete, vorlauf as necessary" for the time it takes to raise the temp up to the next step. I am having to pause/stop the next timer while raising the temp from say 65*C to 74*C. Once temp is reached I can resume the timer.

Make sense?

Yeah Guys this is my problem too when 1 timer finishes the next inline starts automaticly can you fix this?

Hi Guys, attm when I start my boil timer the hop timer etc doesn't start i have to do this manually

upload_2019-11-3_13-35-29.png

@TomvonD I apologize for not getting back you until now- I was traveling over the weekend and didn’t see this when I checked in. I’m really sorry about that.

I know we made some changes there with having a choice to start them automatically or not, so let me look into this.

94876019-FB6E-4D3E-9505-FF6C9BA7F122.png
I checked into this, and I wanted to make sure that I was correct- there is an option in your settings to have the timers start automatically, or start when you add your additions manually. Some brewers were late adding their hops for various reasons, and wanted to start the timer when they actually added them. Here is the setting option:

Back