Nostrovia from BFE Wisconsin...

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Well my family came to the US in the 1880's(ish) and promptly settled in Wisconsin and started a brewery. In 1902, my Great, Great, Great Grandfather decided to close the brewery, prompting five generations of milking cows.

Dad sold off his dairy cows last winter. I was out banging around in the shed at his place and saw the old milker buckets from before he switched over to a pipeline in the late 90s. Figured there had to be a good use for a few 7-10 gallon gasket sealed stainless containers...so here I am.

Welcome!

You can't make a post like that and not show us some pics of your milkers...:D

Welcome. Many home brewers, and a few pros, started out with repurposed dairy equipment. Ken Grossman of Sierra Nevada was one of them. Good luck in your endeavors.

Well you found your way back to brewing enjoy the hobby.

Where is BFE? I bet it's not all that far from me, and maybe I'm BFE'er. :)

I guess the UP is about as close to BFE as it gets :) Just had to throw that in Yooper.

A sprawling metropolis: Belton, KY had 50.

Metropolitan Grovedale had 8 I think?

We lived in Copperopolis, California for 18 years before moving here in 2002. Population 155 when we moved there. When we left it was still under 200. I know BFE well :)

I live in Olathe, KS (KC) now... but I grew up in, and still brew back in BFE, Iowa. Great place for making and drinking many a beer!

Welcome to the site! These guys provide some invaluable information!

Back