What are you drinking right now?

Wow thats a pretty one! I have come to HATE pfffft....

My Galway Hooker Clone. Been in the keg 6 days, so not quite carbed and cleared yet, but getting close to the target beer.
Galway Hooker.jpg

PDF of the recipe below:

Attachments

• Galway Hooker.pdf
    200.2 KB · Views: 124
My Galway Hooker Clone. Been in the keg 6 days, so not quite carbed and cleared yet, but getting close to the target beer. View attachment 6888
PDF of the recipe below:
Interesting two large bittering additions and a different combination hop at 5 how's it comming across for you Bob. I like the grist BTW might use that for brew can't decide on an ale or lager though.

The bittering is firm and does a good job of balancing the malt. I was a bit concerned with the amount of low alpha hops it took to achieve the bittering level, but they really didn't impart much flavor, contrary to my fears. BTW, I subbed the Willamette in for Fuggles.

Like a typical British ale, the hop aroma is subdued, but I think the Saaz complements the flavors and adds a bit of complexity. The real thing is a great beer and I really think this is going to end up close. I think a more British type ale yeast is what I'll try for the second iteration. Maybe Empire Ale to produce some esters. Will see when this one reaches its peak.

This is my barleywine 2018. I gotta say thus evening it's taken on a port like thing. Sorry for the crappy shot I had to wait till the glass of foam subsided this is straight off the conditioning keg room temp in garage it looked like a nitro stout settling out.
I can smell that oak (don't know why no one picked that up on score sheet) it is blended into the strong malt flavour. Yep I'm feeling the warmth from this one mmm mmm.
20190816_174912.jpg

Oh it is lighter than that more orange in the light.

Nice. I really need to brew a Barley Wine. My last one was about 7 years ago. Managed to stretch it out long enough that the last bottle was almost 4 years old when I cracked it. I've got some chunks from red wine barrel staves for the oak and might spare some whiskey to soak them in too.

Nice. I really need to brew a Barley Wine. My last one was about 7 years ago. Managed to stretch it out long enough that the last bottle was almost 4 years old when I cracked it. I've got some chunks from red wine barrel staves for the oak and might spare some whiskey to soak them in too.
Id Love to get a 20lt oak barrel for barleywine and age it in that.

One of the few NB beers that finds its way into out beer fridge. I've got a clone recipe that I need to try someday. As for Evan, It's right next to brewing water on my shopping list for tomorrow.

One of the few NB beers that finds its way into out beer fridge. I've got a clone recipe that I need to try someday. As for Evan, It's right next to brewing water on my shopping list for tomorrow.

It'd been years since I'd had 1554. Really enjoyed having it on tap, and I don't know if we have good prices on it since this is New Belgium's home or what?? But a 1/6 barrel is $54, as are most other NB brews.

Hell of a good price. In Reno Total Wine gets $84 for 1/6 keg of Fat Tire and $80 for 1554.

So, I rebrewed the ZZ Hop, except I subbed Citra for Zythos hops (kept the Magnum bittering addition), so this is me latest version of Cit Ruby Cit, I am VERY happy with it, and getting great reviews from the pallies!
It be a West Coast IPA!
IMG_20190818_1721178.jpg

Drinking my Galway Hooker now and will be kegging an all CTZ Pale Ale tomorrow, brewed using up some leftover grains.
Just kicked a keg of my Wonderful Pale Ale. Been hoping for this so I can clean 2 kegs instead of just one.

Getting ready to crack open a bottle of Lemongrass Ginger Wheat.
You brewed this a little while back no? Hope it's got the ginger ballance you were hopeing for! my ginger beer kicked a week or two ago and will brew that again come early summer I reckon as is.

So, I rebrewed the ZZ Hop, except I subbed Citra for Zythos hops (kept the Magnum bittering addition), so this is me latest version of Cit Ruby Cit, I am VERY happy with it, and getting great reviews from the pallies!
It be a West Coast IPA!
View attachment 6915
Now that does look mighty tasty your pumping out some good beer now craiger by the looks of it.

Back