Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

A couple slabs of St. Louis Ribs. Wife die some of her awesome mac & cheese too. Ribs were a little more done than I like. Actually falling off the bone, but delicious. Recipe PDF below.
Prepped.jpg
Wrapped.jpg
Plated.jpg

Attachments

• 2.5 Hour Ribs.pdf
    381.6 KB · Views: 162
Ribs. Ready soon. Just turned up the to 350 to finish them. Tatter salad and green kale salad too. And a nice bottle of Tobin James wine from the club . . .

20190727_194425.jpg

Last edited:
Not much effort involved, and no pics. Our first nice tomatoes ripened and picked, I cooked up some bacon with Hickory on the pellet grill and put together some BLTs with Romaine, tomatoes, bacon, Mayo, on toasted white bread. Since we don't buy what they try to pass off for tomatoes in the markets, and usually don't keep bread in the house (diet), this is a ritual we wait for every year. Nothing like a good BLT. Guess what the rest of the loaf of bread will be used for? :)

Good looking eats guys!
Dunno what's on the menu here. Just got home from about 11 hours of fishing and the wife seems to have developed an attitude. I don't ask any more :) Thinking maybe a shot, a couple of beers, a shower and a good night sleep. Had forgotten how much like work a hard days fishing can be.

We don't eat fish out of this lake. Too many mines up river and the last test I read was 300ppm Mercury in sample fish.. Not sure I want to be a human thermometer.

We don't eat fish out of this lake. Too many mines up river and the last test I read was 300ppm Mercury in sample fish.. Not sure I want to be a human thermometer.
Packing that kind of weight those fish must swim pretty slow! Don't remember #s but they recommend only a few meals a month for our river. Mining waste also.:(

Good looking eats guys!
Dunno what's on the menu here. Just got home from about 11 hours of fishing and the wife seems to have developed an attitude. I don't ask any more :) Thinking maybe a shot, a couple of beers, a shower and a good night sleep. Had forgotten how much like work a hard days fishing can be.
Dug through the fridge and found some of my home made pastrami and some sharp cheddar. Made me a nice sammich for supper.
Sammich.jpg

Digging through the freezer I found these:
Hot Links.jpg

Been thinking about some hot links. Too hot for the wife, so broke out a package of Johnsonville beer brats:
Brats.jpg

Chopped a bunch of onions, garlic, bells and Jalapeños up in a flat pan of beer and butter. Will braise the brats in that while the links grill, move the brats to the grill and put the links in with the veggies to finish them off. Lots of veggies, mustard and bread & butter pickles on the hot links. As an extra bonus. Wife will use a couple of the links in a batch of red beans and rice tomorrow.

Anyone else grilling today?

No grilling this weekend. Made a big pot of pintos and baked off a pan of lemon pepper chicken breasts.

Back