Can you edit OG and FG after creating recipe.

nununene

Trial Member
Reaction score
I must have entered the incorrect OG and FG when I created my last recipe. Is there any way to edit that after starting the brew?

If you create a recipe in this site, the recipe calculator determines that automatically from your malt and other fermentable inputs. So unless I understand your question wrong, the only way to change the OG is to change the fermentables.

You know I kind of thought that, but I copied this recipe from Bell's brewery and they had different results. I'm cool, there's not that much of a difference so no big deal thanks for responding.

If you OG and FG differs, you can change the OG by simply changing your efficiency to what it really is, and the FG has a 'custom attenuation' in the yeast section to change it to your actual attenuation which changes the FG.

And of course, in your brew log you can put the correct figures of course.

Thanks, I've been entering it in the log. My OG was closer to Bell's than the web site so I need to edit the efficiency but not sure I want to go to the trouble. Tastes good so far and I'm bottling on Sunday or Monday anyway. Thanks again.

Back