I'll be brewing this in the fall, had to change the recipe a little because of stock ingredients, should taste the same

Sweet well looks like this is starting to take some traction.

Maybe we could cook this stout up with different yeast strains and share the outcomes?

So I'll use dry English Ale wlp007.

Would using something far left like 34/70 be too crazy or do youse recon stick to just ale strains?

Hey @BenBe since this is your thread whatdya think are you a shout man by any chance?

Last edited:

Maybe we could cook this stout up with different yeast strains and share the outcomes?

Would using something far left like 34/70 be too crazy or do youse recon stick to just ale strains?

Hey @BenBe since this is your thread whatdya think are you a shout man by any chance?
I'm cooking it as written.

I'm a bit surprised/disappointed that the OPs original idea didn't get more attention. To see/read you guys brainstorm a new/unique recipe would have been fun. Maybe a different style than suggested though, if that was caused the lack of positive responses.

I'm a bit surprised/disappointed that the OPs original idea didn't get more attention. To see/read you guys brainstorm a new/unique recipe would have been fun. Maybe a different style than suggested though, if that was caused the lack of positive responses.
I agree my response to the op' s recipie was a fruit based saison style as I know if you push certain saison yeast strains I've herd not personally expirienced the bubblegum flavours from them.

I've done heaps of fruit/root based beers some more successful than others. Man I've even made a horrible dandelion beer before.

So @BenBe please don't feel like your idea had no merit. I admire your creativity.
Hey there is a poll feature to the threads maybe Ben you could post a beer style poll maybe.

I'll be using Mangrove Jack's M44 US West Coast.

It was a bit of a difficult starting point, quite extreme to most of us. That's why I proposed something you could do straight, tart up any way you'd like (or down, if that's your thing). I guess we took it as an invitation to come up with a BF community recipe, not to modify a juicy fruit NEIPA. Sorry if I missed the mark....

Sounded to me like the OP was fishing for a recipe. "Let me know the grain bill, the yeast, hops, fruit of this community recipe."

I read the post as the idea that the community together would create a recipe that would be a unique brewers friend recipe, and he was willing to brew it. Unfortunately it looks like the OP left the conversation.

I liked the idea of a "brewers friend IPA" or a "brewers friend Brown ale", or whatever... created by the knowledgeable members of this forum.

I agree and like the idea too. I think with a few of us brewing our twists on the Nautical Star recipe, and hopefully sharing notes, we might just come up with version that does show some BF community effort.

I am in to add the Nautical Star into my que. Sounds like a great fall winter brew!

I might suggest that we could have other threads like this, one each for different styles. Participate in the styles you like, or are interested in trying. Disregard bubblegum beer if it's not you thing. I am a big fan of NEIPA's, WCIPA's, Stouts, Porters. I'm not a lager guy, or a layered ale guy, and am only just starting to get a taste for Saison's. Which is not to knock styles I don't care for. Just my $0.02.

Cheers BF'rs!

I can't believe we milked 3 pages outta this lol.
Oh I could name a few that went on and on and on and on.

That being said, I like the idea, just not sure the best way to implement. Somehow I was thinking starting from a style, not a recipe. No offense to Nosy’s recipe as I’m sure it’s good.

Well there Is the poll thread feature so we could do a poll like for example style stout, brown ale, pale ale , blonde ale , light lager Amber Lager ect act. But maybe that won't work. It's a hard thing to collaborate as a community on a specific thing but it would be a credit to this brewing community if we did come together and make it happen:).

I'm happy with the stout btw but thats because I'm looking at brewing one next but I'm pretty easy when I comes to beer I've been known to change my mind on a dime.

Back