You know you did it wrong when...

When you last minute plan to brew and hurry the process, you get you grain bill all ready and ground up......you can't brew for at least 6 days cause you are going camping.
You get back from a very excellent camping trip, go to the fridge and take out the grain but..........don't remember what recipe it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you last minute plan to brew and hurry the process, you get you grain bill all ready and ground up......you can't brew for at least 6 days cause you are going camping.
You get back from a very excellent camping trip, go to the fridge and take out the grain but..........don't remember what recipe it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maltzheimers? :D

wort starts dripping out of the bottom of your erlenmyer flask while it's sitting on the flame. Guess I'll have to improvise. spins ok but not as good :(

I was stirring the wort on the gas stove and stirring it with a glass cocktail stirrer. The glass stirrer had a ball of glass on the bottom. Guess I got too carried away. I'll heat it in a pan next time.

spin.jpg

wort starts dripping out of the bottom of your erlenmyer flask while it's sitting on the flame. Guess I'll have to improvise. spins ok but not as good :(

I was stirring the wort on the gas stove and stirring it with a glass cocktail stirrer. The glass stirrer had a ball of glass on the bottom. Guess I got too carried away. I'll heat it in a pan next time.

View attachment 6644
Looks like high end crystal to me.

View attachment 6644
No need to stir or better yet I've not found the need to.
But I've had a flask split before from a weak point whilst on the flame sometimes I guess they have a mind of their own:rolleyes:.

No need to stir or better yet I've not found the need to.
But I've had a flask split before from a weak point whilst on the flame sometimes I guess they have a mind of their own:rolleyes:.
That's what I read in Zymurgy last edition. They'll pry my stir plate from my cold, dead hands, though.

I'm with Nosy. I've also read not to make starters with dry yeast, not to cold crash, to boil vigorously, and a boat load of other things to do and not to do. My brewing methods have changed considerably over the last couple of years. Many of the changes have gone against the commonly cited dos and don'ts but, as mysterious as it may sound, my beers have improved considerably. Guess it must just be luck :)

I'll clarify I swirl not stir if that makes sense to mix the liquid I do then stick it on a stir plate once finished cooling.

Nice and stable with no movement? ;)

Did your snoring have the same affect as talking to house plants?
Hey, ya leave the door open and somebody's gonna walk in :)

Did your snoring have the same affect as talking to house plants?
Hey, ya leave the door open and somebody's gonna walk in :)
Na play heavy metal to your beer whilst it's fermenting really gets them yeasties partying LOL!

My version: I forget to mark my fermenters - and which of those 5 was the American wheat, which one was the Cream Ale and which one was the English Golden Ale?
If you can't tell the difference, aren't we talking about a slightly more fundamental problem here? :D

Shitty palate;)?

There's some truth to that, I'm afraid:(.
I have to admit, there are times when I have two yellow beers lagering and have to ask myself which is which.

Back