BenBe

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there brewers!!
Let's create, together a beer.
Lets make a BubbleGum IPA

Let me know the grain bill, the yeast, hops, fruit of this community recipe.
I will add pictures of the brew session

Lets do it!

Last edited:
+1 @thunderwagn

I’ve actually been thinking about a BF community brew myself from time to time. So the idea is great, but maybe a different or additional beer style/flavor.

You lost me at bubblegum
no problem.
I was thinking only malt, hops, yeast and fruits for the color and aromas.
I think a happy mix of strawberries, mint, grape and cherries could make it for the aromas.

Hi there brewers!!
Let's create, together a beer.
Lets make a BubbleGum IPA

Let me know the grain bill, the yeast, hops, fruit of this community recipe.
I will add pictures of the brew session

Lets do it!
Chamomile. That's my contribution.

Bubble gum isn't beer. It's candy. And I thought NEIPAs were bad:(

Isn't bubblegum a Belgian Wheat yeast thing or am I getting my bubblegum and bananas mixed up here heck are we talking beer or what:confused::D.

Nope great idea

Sounds like a mixed fruit experimental vibe I'm getting maybe along the saison style of things...o_O

NEIPA is a great beer style. Awesome style. Style from the present century.
A style like many others, a style that many brewers do not succeed.
Thanks anyways guys!
Cheers to everyone!!

Hence my only contribution: Want juicy fruit flavor, use chamomile. Harshly bitter, barely drinkable to my palate, with few exceptions.

The core of the thread from @BenBe is to make a community (BF) beer recipe (sorry if I’m putting words in your mouth BenBe). I think it’s a cool idea and why not give it a try . As I mentioned earlier, I thought about this a few times as there is some very talented (medals), and experienced brewers here and together might make a great beer recipe. I’d like to see this evolve into making a good BF community beer instead of drifting off and shooting it down. Maybe throw some positive suggestions or don’t post.

I'll make no secret of the fact that in general, I despise the style. That said, lots of people seem to like it, hence my contribution. I agree it's a good idea to do a community recipe, we've done it in our brew club. And Benbe, just because I don't like a style doesn't mean it's somehow a bad idea, I don't like most Belgians either (for the reason you mention). All I have to offer is chamomile, lots of chamomile, and I hope it turns out to be a great beer.

Indeed Mase, they are...what they are.
By Community recipe, I meant a recipe.
I will buy everything byself. Thanks.

Might it not be a good idea to find a recipe that more people agree is a good one to participate in developing rather than arbitrarily deciding on one that a lot of folks don't prefer? Rather than being insulted that your idea isn't immediately met with enthusiasm, maybe start by asking for suggestions. I think plenty of long-standing members would be happy to lend some ideas and experience.

Personally, I don't mind a NEIPA but I don't at all prefer the bubble-gum aspects of certain yeasts. If I were going to dream up a recipe that I thought might draw some interest and participation, I'm not sure that NEIPA would jump to the top of my list
I'd think more along the lines of a more standard IPA or Pale using interesting hops or maybe an Amber Lager/light Bock style that could be brewed as an ale or lager depending on brewers level of experience and equipment.

I really like the idea of at least a group of people Brewing the same recipe, but there are many tastes as there are Brewers. I don't think I am interested in brewing a bubblegum IPA unfortunately. Maybe a more typical IPA would be more agreeable to the masses?

I'll pipe in. I think having a community recipe is a great idea and I'll be glad to participate whe I see something I like. There are several styles I'm not fond of and neipa is just one of them. Cheers to those who like them. I'll watch the thread and sit this one out while waiting for the next go round.

NEIPA is a great beer style. Awesome style. Style from the present century.
A style like many others, a style that many brewers do not succeed.
Thanks anyways guys!
Cheers to everyone!!

You are entitled to your opinion. I enjoy a good beer, but have never found an NEIPA that I could drink a pint of. I think anyone could succeed if they simply dumped a bunch of Coors Light into a bowl of punch:)

Seriously, it is a brew that I personally can't stand, and would classify under the heading, "Other fermented beverages." Just my never humble personal opinion.

So is it amber/bock with hops . Or a rosty malty Ale. I'm stuck for what to brew next but it is winter in the land of Oz so my roastiness is a cold bias.

What are we thinking Brewersfriend?

Saison- wheat beer- bocks or how about a nice tasty Oktoberfest style.

Let's choose a style then get to it narrowing down on ingredients.

Heck we could nail a grist but use maybe different yeasts and post a pic and a bit of a flavour profile tasting type thing.

So is it amber/bock with hops . Or a rosty malty Ale. I'm stuck for what to brew next but it is winter in the land of Oz so my roastiness is a cold bias.

What are we thinking Brewersfriend?

Saison- wheat beer- bocks or how about a nice tasty Oktoberfest style.

Let's choose a style then get to it narrowing down on ingredients.

Heck we could nail a grist but use maybe different yeasts and post a pic and a bit of a flavour profile tasting type thing.

Hard to remember it's Winter down under when we're seeing 100F, or close to it, every day. I think a Bock sounds good in the cooler months, but have never brewed one. Seems this feeble old brain never works far ahead enough to brew for the season:)

Pickle Beer?

Not sure this would make a good community beer or not. Nevertheless, Primantis and East End Brewing in Pittsburgh joined up for a great combo.

Seriously though... should we do an Ale or a Lager for the community brew?

https://www.eastendbrewing.com/news

1AFA2E72-EF48-4372-91DD-768563EF3E75.jpeg

Last edited:
Too easy. Just brew a blonde Ale, dry hop with dill then drop my ACV SCOBY in. 6 weeks and it'd be pickle beer.:D

Back