Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Bob.... that looks and sounds delicious. Gonna have to look into the Sheboygan Brats. Please post the results photo. :D

Bob.... that looks and sounds delicious. Gonna have to look into the Sheboygan Brats. Please post the results photo. :D

Will do. We've had these brats several times over the last few years. I have always cooked the veggies as I'm doing now, but without the brats. When the veggies were close I'd grill the brats and then add to the pan. Always came out good, but just in the mood to try a different twist.
When you get up in age it's important not to have too many, "maybe I could have -------------s". And, I always take notes, just like brewing :)

Beneath the onions, bell peppers, garlic, fresh picked jalapeños, a cube of butter and a pint of pale ale lay 3 pounds of Sheboygan Brats. The best brats I've ever found. They're about to go on the grill at 325 to stew for an hour or so before the brats are laid out on the grate to sear while the rest of the goodies continue to reduce. All of it will be served on whole grain tortillas with avocado and salsa among the condiments.
Hope it tastes as good as I've tried to make it sound :).
Looks delish! To sear with freshies as such? Awesome, and i have been trying boil then gril or grill then boil!

Just pulled the brats out of the pan and put them on the grate:
Brats2.jpg

Done cooking:

Brats3.jpg

Ready to plate:

Brats4.jpg

I'm eating:
Brats5.jpg

The only place I've ever found these brats is at Winco Foods. They're based in the PNW, and distribution isn't too broad. While most brats are very bland, these have a very distinctive flavor that shines through no matter how you prepare them. Definitely worth the the hunt if you can find them. :

Just pulled the brats out of the pan and put them on the grate: View attachment 6662
Done cooking:

View attachment 6664
Ready to plate:

View attachment 6665
I'm eating: View attachment 6666
The only place I've ever found these brats is at Winco Foods. They're based in the PNW, and distribution isn't too broad. While most brats are very bland, these have a very distinctive flavor that shines through no matter how you prepare them. Definitely worth the the hunt if you can find them. :
we have WinCo in Chico. I've had those several times :)

Shrimp tacos tonight, but thawing a chick roast for tomorrow's supper. Poor man's brisket.

Had some leftover pulled pork I pulled out of the freezer. Put together some Enchiladas with Salsa Verde and cooked them on the Traeger. Lots of onions, black olives and Jack cheese. Turned out great.
Before:
'Chiladas.jpg

After:
Supper.jpg

Looks delicious. The wife made an excellent salsa verde a couple weeks ago. I ate it like soup.

Good stuff for sure. The wife swears I've got some Mexican blood in me. I think it's the time I spent in Albuquerque. Love southwestern grub.

Had some leftover pulled pork I pulled out of the freezer. Put together some Enchiladas with Salsa Verde and cooked them on the Traeger. Lots of onions, black olives and Jack cheese. Turned out great.
Before: View attachment 6725
After:
View attachment 6726
Now you're just showing off.:D Glad I just ate before I saw that! Still makes me hungry!

Still just a bit of the pulled pork left. Wife is going to put it in her mac & cheese to go along with the ribs I'll be smoking Saturday.

Looking good! If I can get my phone to cooperate before I fall to sleep, todays ribs will be coming.

Back