Advise with current brew

Underslash

Trial Member
Reaction score
Not usually one to post so if this post is in inappropriate thread or needs deleted apologies, but I am doing a 15ltr Mosiac iPa, put into FV on Friday night and need some advise I pitched entire packet of yeast (Us05) at around 20 21 degrees CELSIUS and did OG which was 1.042 at around 6 oclock (temp was 18-20ish on fermenter sticker so I tucked it in and left overnight. Checked next morning bubbling away perfectly allday and night, following morning no activity, left til Monday I got one wee bubble, last night did a gravity reading it's at 1.011 and again today its 1.10 my FV temp didn't drop or get raised to drastically has set perfect almost. Soo does anyone think I've a stuck fermentation or has it really fermented that quickly my usual brews bubble at least 3 4 days to a slow bubble every 10 minutes or so but know can't rely on the bubbles. Any advise be great thanks guys

Almost sounds like it is close to being done, US-05 usually finishes up around 1.009 to 1.011 for me.

What is the target FG in the recipe?

I normally don't even look at SG progress, normally just let it ride for two weeks.

At 75% attenuation, I’d say it’s done.

I was given the recipe from a friend and just give me grain n hop schedule on a print out soo it says 7% abv but I've never got it higher than 5% ive always played about with it and change things here and there, soo this 8s a first my bubbles stopped soo quickly I'll give it the 10 days atleast and then bottle maby, thanks guys for the speedy replies much appreciated

You can't expect to get the same results as someone else does, even with the same recipe. There are too many variables in equipment and process. If you knew the efficiency your friend got you could adjust the recipe accordingly.
Your beer probably just fermented quickly. It will likely drop another point or 2 as US-05 usually does.

Definitely not stuck. OG or 1.042 could easily finish in just a couple of days at that temp. My prediction is that if you leave it, it'll ease down to 1.009 or maybe .008 and then stop. I'd let it sit for 7 days and check it. If it didn't go lower than 1.010, you'd have a fine enough beer.

Definitely not stuck. OG or 1.042 could easily finish in just a couple of days at that temp. My prediction is that if you leave it, it'll ease down to 1.009 or maybe .008 and then stop. I'd let it sit for 7 days and check it. If it didn't go lower than 1.010, you'd have a fine enough beer.
What he said!

If you followed a recipe which was created for a ABV of 7%-ish and only get 4%-ish you might find that it won't taste as your friends beer.

I was given the recipe from a friend and just give me grain n hop schedule on a print out soo it says 7% abv but I've never got it higher than 5% ive always played about with it and change things here and there, soo this 8s a first
Yeah...I'm not sure what you did to the recipe that was designed to be 7% ABV but your 1.042 wort was always going to give you a 4+% beer. And I don't understand what "8" you're referring to.
If you'd like a better understanding of the interaction between ingredients and ABV, you could post your recipe (ideally a link to the recipe in the BF editor).

Back