What are you drinking right now?

HopSmack IPA from Cascade Lakes Brewing at their 7th Street Brewhouse in Redmond OR. Wonderful!!!!
upload_2019-7-10_12-6-46.jpeg

Crooked Stave Pilsner and a lil Beam double oak.
View attachment 6630

Speaking of whiskey --------- Jameson has a cask aged series they starter a few years back. We've had the one that's aged in stout barrels several times and really enjoyed it. Picked up a bottle that was aged in IPA barrels. Will be trying it soon.

Found a 12 pack assortment from Firestone Walker today. Tried their single hopped Cashmere XPA. Now, all of the profiles I've seen for Cashmere describe peaches and tropical fruit. I popped one open at about 55F and found it to be one of the most deliciously dank brews I've ever tasted. Not sure I want to even try it at a cooler temperature. In the interest of scientific research though, I'll try one at 40ish tomorrow and report the results.
Cashmere XPA.jpg

Speaking of whiskey --------- Jameson has a cask aged series they starter a few years back. We've had the one that's aged in stout barrels several times and really enjoyed it. Picked up a bottle that was aged in IPA barrels. Will be trying it soon.

I really like the stout Caskmates. I think it's very tasty and will pick it up when it's on sale every once in awhile. I'll just say the ipa version is a bit different. Jameson puts out great product and I look forward to your thoughts on it.

Firestone has never disappointed me in anything I've had from them.

Found a 12 pack assortment from Firestone Walker today. Tried their single hopped Cashmere XPA. Now, all of the profiles I've seen for Cashmere describe peaches and tropical fruit. I popped one open at about 55F and found it to be one of the most deliciously dank brews I've ever tasted. Not sure I want to even try it at a cooler temperature. In the interest of scientific research though, I'll try one at 40ish tomorrow and report the results.
View attachment 6631

So, I tried one at 42F and picked up some peach up front. The dankness was still there, but subdued just a bit. I do like this hop and will be trying it soon.

It was a late night treat by the campfire actually.

A pint of my Baseline Pale Ale and a shot of, dread the thought, vodka. Got a little carried away with some chores around the house and feeling the results. The wife is like a Doberman guarding the Irish Whiskey, so will take the vodka and then a nap :)
Aah.jpg

But this is the cheap crap I use to make tinctures. Having a decent beer as a back helps tho.

Back