Add dry yeast in grams

Rob de Brouwer

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I brew pretty small (5/10 liters), so I do not use the whole package. Is it possible to add the yeast in grams, so I can keep better track of my inventory? The calculation should be doable too ;)

No problem weighing out the dry yeast. Just be sure to vacuum seal the remainder of the packet quickly to avoid contamination.

I started out doing half size batches I used to just add half a dry yeast pack and call it done. But weighing would be more accurate for sure.

Oh yeah I never noticed that but the Recipe builder probably should support the same options as the yeast pitch rate and start calculator. Personally I'd prefer complete options for something along the lines of "grams, mL, cell count (Billions), or mL of starter". That should cover every brewing style

Oh yeah I never noticed that but the Recipe builder probably should support the same options as the yeast pitch rate and start calculator. Personally I'd prefer complete options for something along the lines of "grams, mL, cell count (Billions), or mL of starter". That should cover every brewing style
Yeah, that would be great! Currently brewing with a dutch app that tells me how many cells i'm adding:
So that's what i'm used to.

Attachments

• gist.png
    gist.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 137

Back