Future of the blog

chessking

Trial Member
Reaction score
This is not exactly a feature request, but an inquiry as to the future of the Blog portion of Brewers Friend. Although towards the end of Larry's involvement, a lot of the entries were announcements and updates to the software. Actual articles on specific brewing subject matter became less frequent, however the Blog was the origin of Brewers Friend, and Larry's stories, book reviews, recipe experiments, equipment upgrades, as well as his shed walk through, was interesting enough to draw me in those many years ago. I truly enjoyed reading his stuff, and also the comments from readers that followed. (For those who are new to BF, there is a treasure trove of topics in the archive).
Now, I am not here to cry in my beer about Larry's absence (I believe tears in your beer is considered a non fermentable addition, gravity points unknown), only I would like to see something occasionally in the blog that grabs my interest, or tells me of something new in brewing. I don't know who will do this, or how to do this, or if anybody else is interested in this. Maybe reviews of and links to other beer related articles, or perhaps open it up to guest bloggers with something to say. This would involve some editing and overview, again by whom I don't know. I know the forum provides for a lot of this currently, and maybe the necessity of the blog has been surpassed. If so, then fair enough. I will progress or die off.

But I still miss it.

Or maybe I just miss Larry.

I would love to find writers to help in those sections.

Do you recommend anyone?

Austin, I just submitted an offer to help out with content via the Contact form.

I suggest anyone who wants to submit documents to Austin or TxBrew and they review any proposals then decide which blog post to submit and not appoint just one person ??

I am all in on getting the membership involved, perhaps even rotating posts! I have no desire to be the sole voice/writer - just have the time and desire (several ideas) to get things jumpstarted.

I think to include all possibilities from writers is a great idea. Anyone who is wanting to gain more knowledge through investigation could share their findings and it could turn into an expansive portion of this site and it's knowledge base. I still refer back through some of the past articles for info and referral. If you would be willing to weed through the posts Austin, this looks to be a good way to enhance this site :).

Thanks for bringing the blog up Nosey! I was wondering what was going to happen to it also.

And the idea i was thinking is don't just email your idea, create the whole blog post in a html file or any file you can copy the whole document with images then send it

Please feel free to contact me at austin at groupbuilder . com if you are interested in writing.

Just wondering, any progress with the blog? It's been almost a month :?:

I've not been contacted by contributors. Once I have them they can post to it.

Back