Camping This & That’s

It gets a lot of over night traffic from people visiting Crater Lake these days. But one of my favorites in the spring. Yes, we were in the campground on the east side. That’s Mount Bailey in the background. Glad it brought back nice memories.
Nice! Yeah many fond memories of that lake. That one and Lake of the woods, bot h at the Boy scout summer camp and also camping and fishing with family. Loved growing up down in that neck of the woods.

This is us, Two weeks with plenty of mtn biking and swimming, all with a new puppy!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

20190707_100534.jpg
our makeshift camp on the river. Redneck and Rustic but comfortable.
20190705_181746.jpg

And we do catch a few fish in between beers!
20190706_190335.jpg

But we do eat well too.
All in all a very good holiday of "Glamping "

Now that's my idea of camping.

Yeah that is living I need to get out in the big blue soon it's been too long between campfires! Enjoy headfirst
As iconic Australian country music singer Slim Dusty quote goes "Many Happy Campfires"!

By the looks of the size of that fish, it is a good thing you brought some real food:rolleyes:

Kidding aside, cool looking spot are you near the lake?

Yes I am standing next to the steps down to the dock. 36 of them. They keep me in shape;)

If your strategy is at all like mine, the first things to hit the water are the crawdad traps. Nothing like a boil or a pot of gumbo.

At Arrowhead Provincial Park near Huntsville Ontario, about 2.5 hours north of Toronto, considered the near north of Ontario. Cool effect from the sun in this pic.
IMG_20190712_1939353.jpg

At Arrowhead Provincial Park near Huntsville Ontario, about 2.5 hours north of Toronto, considered the near north of Ontario. Cool effect from the sun in this pic.
View attachment 6639
Almost otherworldly like your about to get a supernatural visitation (don't want no alien probing going on) lol :p!

Nice bugs. Last time I saw a bunch that size was in the Stanislaus river by Knights Ferry, CA. Most of the ones we get out of the Truckee are more like Louisiana Reds. All good though.

Jesus, those look like a decent sized lobster!
We really enjoy them. Some of the claws are big enough to crack and that is the sweetest meat... mmm. With good homegrown sweet corn and baby red spuds didnt have room for any sausages in the boil. Gotta get our share before the grandkids get here!

More supernatural activity yesterday up here in the land of hockey pucks, maple syrup and Neil Young! This NEIPA from Sawdust City was good, but not knock your socks off great.
IMG_20190714_1653054.jpg

Back