Camping This & That’s

Group W

Trial Member
Reaction score
My goal today: catch trout for the smoker. :)
upload_2019-6-4_13-38-8.jpeg

View attachment 6317
Wow wow wow! Yes please wish I could pack an esky and come and throw a line in too! Green with Envy Group W! I hope the wind stays down for you on the lake and the sun shines all day and that rod does plenty of bending.:)

My goal after a few days rest. Good luck Dan.

Camping just getting started here. Snow just melted enough to open the campgrounds

Diamond Lake. Just north of Crater Lake in south central Oregon.

So did you catch a few of those trout or just a buzz? Both are a great catch in a beauty spot like that.

So far the fish are just not on the bite. Limited out every day this time last year. No problem though, as you suggest, I put the hurt on the PBRs and a jug of BV. A storm rolled through last night, so better get the line wet again.

So far the fish are just not on the bite. Limited out every day this time last year. No problem though, as you suggest, I put the hurt on the PBRs and a jug of BV. A storm rolled through last night, so better get the line wet again.
Flies or spin cast?

Nice! That's an area we haven't spent any time in and I'd like to get to that part of the area one of these days. We've been vacationing in the NW for the last few years and we've stuck close to the Sound. In late July, we'll be in Tacoma, Port Angeles and Whidbey. Really looking forward to it. :)

Rainbows! Tasty from a smoker.

Well, turned out I only caught two and that’s perfect for an evening bbq. Seasoned them up and wrapped in tin foil on the bbq. Add corn on the cob and Black Velvet. :D

Sorry, no pics.

Next up to post a camping trip ...?

View attachment 6317
Out of curiosity, is that Diamond Lake in central Oregon?

Edit, just was in the other comments that it is! Dang after all these years I still recognize it. We camped there a good part of each summer growing up. I think I even know that exact spot if it's in the FS campground on the east side of the lake.

Last edited:
It gets a lot of over night traffic from people visiting Crater Lake these days. But one of my favorites in the spring. Yes, we were in the campground on the east side. That’s Mount Bailey in the background. Glad it brought back nice memories.

Back