float switch in HLT

TiltBlack

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am putting together an electric pot for my brewery. I would like my HLT to have a float switch to protect the element from burning up if the water gets too low, which happened on another pot of mine while sparging. I would appreciate it if anyone has any information on what kind to buy and any pros and cons on this.

I prefer this type myself, there are a few different types and the price range can change drastically based on the manufacturer, the china clones are very inexpensive
51POjcN-fFL._SL1000_.jpg

thank you for the info, is that stainless steel, where would I look for getting one? It looks better then many I see on Amazon.

it would take a while to find the right one, it needs to be heat rated and all stainless, I just showed that as a reference

I was looking at one like that, only $12 not sure how good it would be. The design I think would fit in the pot which will have a 55000 element along with the herms coil and with the flow switch things are going to get tight in there. Another concern is it may be close to the heating element so it has to be hardy enough to not melt.

I bought the DerBlue Auarium water level sensor for my HLT. it says it is good to 150 C which is 304 F . Not as strong as I thought it should be, but I will try it out when I get my pot ready. wish me luck

Back