Brew Demon

I have both sizes and like them. The Big Demon is fairly tall so be sure to measure before buying it. I couldn't get the dump kit to work in my old refrigerator and have since decided I don't want to use it anyway. Oh, I'd get the amber version to avoid lightstruck beer.

Has anyone used, or heard of this product? Looks interesting, would love to be able to go conical, and still fit in the regular fridge that I have set up for fermenting...

https://www.brewdemon.com/equipment...nt/6-gal-clear-conical-fermenting-system.html

Maybe we're victims of the same add campaign :). I looked at these the other day too. My read is that is a lot of $$$ and I couldn't figure out why it was better than the Speidel I settled on.

• I can buy two Speidel for that price and still have cash left over for a case ov SN PAle ale or maybe even a little bottle of whiskey
  • The Conical is TALL
  • I don't harvest that much yeast and if I did I can do it without a conical
  • My Speidel doesn't suck in trub because the bottom port is still above any trub I have ever encountered. Not sure what the advantage is there.
  • Don't like the Latches. Something to break. Hard to break threads

My .02 FWIW

Last edited:
Maybe we're victims of the same add campaign :). I looked at these the other day too. My read is that is a lot of $$$ and I couldn't figure out why it was better than the Speidel I settled on.

• I can buy two Speidel for that price and still have cash left over for a case ov SN PAle ale or maybe even a little bottle of whiskey
  • The Conical is TALL
  • I don't harvest that much yeast and if I did I can do it without a conical
  • My Speidel doesn't suck in trub because the bottom port is still above any trub I have ever encountered. Not sure what the advantage is there.
  • Don't like the Latches. Something to break. Hard to break threads

My .02 FWIW
I bought mine with the notion I could dump the trub - there's a bottom dump system you can buy with it. Problem is, it doesn't work well and dumping the trub costs me beer. I like using the fermentor, it's easy to clean and seems to work well but as you say, it probably isn't worth the cost overall. The design is solid - you'll break the fermentor before you'll break the closures (a thread system, not latches). The bottom closure is a bit disconcerting, it's a cap threaded onto the fermentor with room to store some baddies but if you take it off and clean it, no problems yet. In a sense, there's nothing to favor this over a ported bucket if you're not harvesting yeast. That said, I have one and like using it - there's a Saison in mine right now. But it's pricey and in the final analysis, it doesn't improve my beer.

I've used (3 gallon) Brew Demon for a couple of years. It is durable and easy to clean. I'm not a fan of the location of the spigot, and I have thought about getting one of those keg floats and hooking that up to the tap - then I can draw the beer off, clean, all the way down to the trub. Although I like my Brew Demon, I think my next addition will be a stainless fermentor, either the SSBrewTech Mini Brew Bucket or the Chapman, etc. Easier still to clean, unaffected by StarSan, capable of doing a pressure fermentation, and fits in my 4.5 cu ft fridge.

I've used (3 gallon) Brew Demon for a couple of years. It is durable and easy to clean. I'm not a fan of the location of the spigot, and I have thought about getting one of those keg floats and hooking that up to the tap - then I can draw the beer off, clean, all the way down to the trub. Although I like my Brew Demon, I think my next addition will be a stainless fermentor, either the SSBrewTech Mini Brew Bucket or the Chapman, etc. Easier still to clean, unaffected by StarSan, capable of doing a pressure fermentation, and fits in my 4.5 cu ft fridge.
I have one of those. The Big Demon, too, it's my primary fermentor. I like both for the purposes they're made and as long as you don't use anything abrasive on them, they work fine. Stainless won't make your beer better bit as you mention, it is a superior material, if that's where you want to put your money.

Back