Calculator

Kendo

Trial Member
Reaction score
I picked up some grains that are not listed on the calc page( Patagonia C55 and patagonia C 15), wondering if I use crystal 60 and 15 will work for the overall? My abv looks low not sure if this is contributing.. THX

second part of the question , do I use american crystal or English(UK) crystal? just realized there are 2 different ones..

3rd part if this helps... They are called Patagonia Caramel C55L and C15L, sorry new to this so not sure if the clarity helps or if Im just way off with the crystal comparison? Pickn up what Im layn down??

just match up the color, the crystal 15 and crystal 55 or close will work, doesn't matter what country, you can also create a custom fermentable, but have to add the ppg , as a test add a crystal save it then look at the ppg to the right, you can gage off that

Thank you Ozarks, I see the error in my thinking- I thought I was gaining sugars from these grains but it was just color, think I will be using row malts in the future

crystal is not just color it adds a flavor too, paraphrasing the difference between a oven roaster steak and a grilled till golden brown one, same steak just more caramel sweet flavor

Back