Add a fermentation profile for a recipe

Reaction score
It would be useful to have the ability to add a fermentation temperature profile as part of a recipe. This would provide a guide for setting temp controllers, Brewjackets, etc.

I doubt I'd ever build the level of automation required, but I could see something like stages based on both time and attenuation (from something like a tilt). So stages like:
  • start fermentation at 18°C
  • at 30% attenuation let the temp rise to 24°C
  • at 48 hours raise the temp to 20°C
  • at fermentation complete lower the temp to 4°C

At some point, a person might as well purchase a Brewie :rolleyes:

I doubt I'd ever build the level of automation required, but I could see something like stages based on both time and attenuation (from something like a tilt). So stages like:
  • start fermentation at 18°C
  • at 30% attenuation let the temp rise to 24°C
  • at 48 hours raise the temp to 20°C
  • at fermentation complete lower the temp to 4°C

I think the input format could be quite simple, just a repeating set of the following stages:
Start temp; End Temp; Duration

The recipe could then plot a graph of the temperature profile; if start and end temps are the same it will be a horizontal line, and if they are different it would just plot a straight line slope.

Brewie 3.0! Total automated brewing.... just plug it in and when its done and bottled, you’ll get a text that says your beer is ready to pick up. Just like having a beer distributor at home!

Last edited:
Siri, make beer.... It really isn't such a bad idea as long as I can turn it off.

Back