Charlemagne Brewworks moves East!

cpal-freeman

Trial Member
Reaction score
Greeting from Pittsburgh! I have been a member of Brewer's Friend for a few months, but am just now finally converting completely from BeerSmith. Since I relocated from Portland, Oregon in July I have been building, tweaking, tweaking again and again to get into my brewing solo groove. In Oregon, I returned to brewing (in 2009) after a long hiatus. Joined a good friend in his garage to do an all grain batch and we have never looked back. We got to the point that we were making two 20 gallon batches at a time with multiple other brewers joining allowing each of us to take 5 gallons of 2 different types of beer after each session. Along the way we built Brewzilla and amassed numerous kegs and converted 2 chest freezers. I still have my 3 tap keezer and have built Brezilla-1 as in solo and am currently scaling all our 20 gallon recipes down to 5 gallons for my new setup!

Thanks for the welcome!

I have had some issues in my first few solo batches, water is bit different in Pittsburgh then in Portland! I have done some testing on own, but I have also ordered a kit from Ward Labs. Once the water is dialed in, I plan on brewing my Ninkasi Believer clone. Ninkasi isn't available here and I miss it... I have played a bit with recipes for their clones, so we will see!

As of now, I have a Lemongrass-Ginger Wit on tap, with my IPA conditioning and a Ancho Chile Porter in Primary.

Back