A Return to Order

bilhelm96

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In the months since Larry's departure from the forums, and apparently as lead for the site, we, the payers and users, have felt a decline in satisfaction with our Brewer's Friend experience. Development stopped in November, following years of almost monthly updates and now spammers are beginning to over-take the forums. So the question begs, what will become of Brewer's Friend? The users on the forum are not just a group of users, but evolved into a community. As the new, and self-proclaimed, leader of the Brewer's Friend community Austin faces a growing challenge to gain the community's trust. I humbly offer the following suggestions as a show of faith Austin can take to gain the trust of the community

1. Publish a development schedule. At a minimum provide a site update in February fixing at least one item in this forum.
2. Empower the community, If you do not want to take the time to manage the forums and user-base to keep out the spammers, assign forum moderators. Look to your lifetime members; we are invested and want the community and brewing resources to be here forever.
3. Become a lifetime member yourself.

Well said! There has been ample time for these simple requests to have already been performed.

+1!!!!!!!!

I have removed the referral link I put on my homebrew club website until there is a consistent showing of support and development like there has been in the past.

bilhelm96 said:
In the months since Larry's departure from the forums, and apparently as lead for the site, we, the payers and users, have felt a decline in satisfaction with our Brewer's Friend experience. Development stopped in November, following years of almost monthly updates and now spammers are beginning to over-take the forums. So the question begs, what will become of Brewer's Friend? The users on the forum are not just a group of users, but evolved into a community. As the new, and self-proclaimed, leader of the Brewer's Friend community Austin faces a growing challenge to gain the community's trust. I humbly offer the following suggestions as a show of faith Austin can take to gain the trust of the community

1. Publish a development schedule. At a minimum provide a site update in February fixing at least one item in this forum.
2. Empower the community, If you do not want to take the time to manage the forums and user-base to keep out the spammers, assign forum moderators. Look to your lifetime members; we are invested and want the community and brewing resources to be here forever.
3. Become a lifetime member yourself.

I agree with everything you're saying. I know support has been lax, and I was directed (thank you) by a member to the spam issue, which is now being resolved.

Who would you suggest from the current lifetime members to be moderators? I'm more than happy to take your suggestions.

I'll volunteer to be a moderator. I won't say that I am on EVERY day, but I would say I at least stop by 5 times a week for a small chunk of time.

Austin,

Check the logs to see who is on a lot and responds to posts. Nosybear might be a good choice. I can help out as well.

bilhelm96 said:
Austin,

Check the logs to see who is on a lot and responds to posts. Nosybear might be a good choice. I can help out as well.

I want respected members, not just people who post.

That being said, I'm adding you, and will be contacting several members throughout the week. I would like to start with three mods.

Great to hear. But can you give us an idea what the roadmap looks like for the tool itself?

leetucker said:
Great to hear. But can you give us an idea what the roadmap looks like for the tool itself?

The person heading up that development (TxBrew) is away on paternity right now, but when he returns we will be publishing our updates and modifications as they occur.

He's fighting a paternity suit?

wow. that sucks

Back