Trialbens Keezer Build.

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd make my own thread to stop clogging up what you get delivered today thread with my keezer build pictures.

I looked into getting another keg king Keggerator (currently the one on loan from Bro) but for an all inclusive 3 tap keggerator with bottle and all out was looking at around $700 give or take.

Well screw that I know I can probably build one for a lot cheaper and so far in my HBewing time I've got by with the DIY side of life! Hey who wants to miss out on all the making stuff and just get it delivered on a platter to them not me!
Also I want to be able to condition some kegs before I drink em. I know myself as soon as that beers finished fermenting I can't wait to carb that thing and be drinking it as soon as possible so I keezer seems like not only a cheaper option but a more wiser hombrewing choice to me.

Ok so a couple weeks back I picked
Up a too cheep to be true freezer for 60 bucks! Bloody ripper mate!
20190330_142113.jpg

Measures 1000mm high×900wide x600 deep OD I can easily fit six kegs is that means potentially 3 serving 3 conditioning (that's if I can keep up).
The seals were shot so I ordered a set. Other than this I plugged her in and run it for a bit just to see if that $60 to be true Yep sweet!
I've decided to go with inkbird temp controller rather than build one myself at $50 Aus you can't build one for much cheaper plus I wanted to spend more time on the keezer build.
20190402_164706.jpg

Plus if things go pear shaped looks like their a bit of alright at inkbird as @ChicoBrewer would tell you;)!

So here is what I've invisoned so far for my keezer build.
20190426_120427.jpg
A mirror image down low of my recent outdoor sink build of hardwood framing with mini orb cladding but from bar top (keezer lid see insert pic) up I'm thinking more hardwood ply cladding edged with hardwood deck boards and now I'm thinking of building shelving along the top of the cabinet.

Here is where I'm at at the moment I've got the base sorted thanks to @ChicoBrewer for advice on turning timber edgeways and @Head First on the freezer compressor clearance with the build so far!
20190427_193106.jpg
I've built the base glued and screwed it. Ive notched in all my uprights into the base as well. Also see castor positioned ontop just thinking how to go about this I'm thinking of scraping them onto some 18mm ply and rebaiting that in underneath plus two I the middle to stop any bowidge.

Oh as for inside the freezer I received some goodies the Other day
As per other thread...

. 2.6kg co2 filled cylinder I went for the smaller one so can sit it in my freezer and makes for filling easier (had my 6kg freeze up at the HB store once so couldn't fill it).

.4 way gas manifold 5 if I wack a barb on the end of it.

. 30 Meters of 4mm ID 8mm OD gas line! Plenty now plus the smaller internal diameter will mean I won't need to use so much for equalization or something. But pain in arse to fit on barbs.

. Some clear vinyl tubing for gas lines more flexy.

Some grey disconnects with MFL threads so can use them push fittings on the liquid posts were sold out dam it!

Got a one way valve gunna put this before regulator. Apparently them manifolds have an in built one way valve??

And two intertaps as a replacement for the bro s cheap arse taps he had on in appreciation for his loan of his keggerator over thethesesse years.

Well I think we're all caught up now:).

Attachments

• 20181104_163113.jpg
    20181104_163113.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 20190426_114613.jpg
    20190426_114613.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Ok not alot of progress on the keezer build thus far works getting in the road Lol!
Ok so I'm nailed down on overall design.
20190501_180229.jpg

Here is my draw and shelve spacing. I measured some of my tallest brew items my 3lt flask and star san bottle two things to grab for a fair bit in the brewery. Im also thinking now of sitting the shelves back a bit on the right side of the cabinet so I can hang my brew hoses to dry behind the shelve draw too that way its dark but a bit of dry airflow hopefully.
20190501_180150.jpg

Measuring 're measuring then changing then 're measuring. What do they say measure twice cut once ( I measure twice change mind a couple of times then cut the wrong Mark Lol)!
20190501_180953.jpg

Here's the uprights with shelves marked out ready for cutting.

As a side not and because it's my thread anyone getting any sulphur from Kveik yeast (voss strain) I didn't believe it at first but the fart ain't leaving my lower (23c) fermented brew:rolleyes:! But i kegged that brown ale fermented at 39c today and oh so clean but yet to carb but makes me wonder. Anyone?

looks good, I love the dadoes and laps, just use glue and a screw and your set

looks good, I love the dadoes and laps, just use glue and a screw and your set
Yeah makes assembly pretty quick and easy took two hours to put it together a few minor corrections here in there but everything is going to plan. Now to get the shelves in and the draws then begin cladding it!

Sweet. Love that pup too. That's a collie dog for sure. White tips everywhere. Looks like my boy but mines brown and white.

Sweet. Love that pup too. That's a collie dog for sure. White tips everywhere. Looks like my boy but mines brown and white.
Yeah she's border Collie crossed with Cavalier she's got little dog syndrome for sure.

Decided to paint the frame for protect that soft pine from the weather and day to day activities in the brewery like hosing out and splashed beer from the swaying brewer and of course spilt wort down the side of the keezer and such. Gunna cut some hard wood sliders for the bottom draws other than that is slow progress.
20190512_104625.jpg

Bit of a dry fit for lid to see how it's going. Going to put a lip or raised edge at back and sides for cleaning and stop liquid going down sides and other bits and Bob's I know I'm going to put on the counter top. Thinking of a 45 degree cut bit of timber strip all the way round bar the front edge ending about a hands width before front of top. I'll also over hang this timber slab which I'll use to lift the lid open.
20190518_135025.jpg

Oh also I'm not gunna glue the timber to the freezer lid neither I'm gunna glue a timber strip front and back under the lid and screw this into the freezer lid front and back. If the freezer ever dies I can throw the freezer and keep the bar top and stick that on the next one savvy eh?

don't forget the travel to open the lid and lifting things in and out without your faucets hitting something behind
In some ways I'm excited, but I haven't ever pushed the issue because I'm not looking forward to the cost. I've got 4 kegs crammed into my fridge though on a full time basis. Plus, whatever else we have in bottles and cans, and it's crowded to say the least. So much good food also gets lost to the bottom in our chest freezer and my wife is just done with it.
Thanks for the great tips!

don't forget the travel to open the lid and lifting things in and out without your faucets hitting something behind
Yeah I tapped that two tap font tower to the lid just front of center and done a test on how much clearence I'll need from the wall about a foot it seams.
This was progress yesterday eve epoxy glowing on a hardwood plank to my bar top to give it extra clearence to it overhangs the lid then I'll glue some timber strips front and back underneath to use to screw into the freezer lid.
20190518_181310.jpg

I'm glad I built that Kayak years back discovering epoxy was a God send for timber work that stuff is as strong as timber. On the tests I did with that glue often the timber broke rather than the joint that butt joint is the weakest joint though.

Got a question for the brew trust can I switch my gas in barb to opposite end of my manifold?
20190525_090509.jpg

I want to put my co2 bottle on the ledge on the right but the manifolds gas in barb is on the left so can I just switch them two around. I know there is some one way check valve thing in these manifolds so didnt want to muck with that cheers. Gunna mount this on a pit of timber then epoxy it to the freezer about where I go it.
Also so far I've got my bar top finished hole for font drilled through bar top and through freezer lid I just gotta get some epoxy coats on it install it and take a photo for you all.

Then I can switch on the freezer and start using it whilst I build the shelves out! Yippee

Got a question for the brew trust can I switch my gas in barb to opposite end of my manifold?View attachment 6097
I want to put my co2 bottle on the ledge on the right but the manifolds gas in barb is on the left so can I just switch them two around. I know there is some one way check valve thing in these manifolds so didnt want to muck with that cheers. Gunna mount this on a pit of timber then epoxy it to the freezer about where I go it.
Also so far I've got my bar top finished hole for font drilled through bar top and through freezer lid I just gotta get some epoxy coats on it install it and take a photo for you all.

Then I can switch on the freezer and start using it whilst I build the shelves out! Yippee
Sure you can switch it. Just use a little Teflon tape to help it seal. You can add a valve where gas in barb is now if you want.
Which ju st brought up a point. A gas line outside of keezer is really handy for purging kegs and fermentation vessels. Even if It was a long one that could be pulled out for use would be handy. Could add it at anytime later too.

Sure you can switch it. Just use a little Teflon tape to help it seal. You can add a valve where gas in barb is now if you want.
Which ju st brought up a point. A gas line outside of keezer is really handy for purging kegs and fermentation vessels. Even if It was a long one that could be pulled out for use would be handy. Could add it at anytime later too.
Thanks Headfirst just good to get a second opinion yeah I like your idea on extra gas line outside of keezer I'll be looking at getting some sorta gas transfer system in future.

Got my first coast on my bar top it's got a lot of rippling going on which I'm hoping will even out fingers crossed. I'll give it a light sand and another coat later on when it warms up a little more.
20190525_105345.jpg

I prefer my co2 tank outside, if the tank is inside it will eventually rust and give false readings on the gauges

Back