Maybe time for some admin stuff Austin.

your adds are blocking the text on the screen, your really making this hard to use :twisted:

I'll get it fixed. It was not like that before? We just swapped out Google tags for Larry.

Regardless it will be fixed. I see the problem.

Honestly I don't remember there being any ads on the site, certainly not on the calculator page. Like said before if I pay for a site, why should I be subject to ads. I would make the suggestion that if your are "logged on" as a paying member of the site ads should be disabled. That way only the those who use the tools on the site without paying are subjected to the nonsense of internet adds. And, by the way I think you are being invaded :evil:

What's with the German spam? I'm a relatively new member and was so excited about the site that I was going to offer up my database/programming skills. I'm all for giving the new owners some latitude, but right now the forum is nearly useless.

PZ said:
What's with the German spam? I'm a relatively new member and was so excited about the site that I was going to offer up my database/programming skills. I'm all for giving the new owners some latitude, but right now the forum is nearly useless.

I'm removing it now.

The forum is still useful. Besides, I rather enjoyed reading about women's hair loss (what the German was peddling).... :lol:

>> For those interested, it's about hair loss in women.

You mean like a brazilian?? :D

So I am not a software guru by any means. But it seems that the addition of ads on the site and spam started about the same time. Its my guess that the ads are making the site some how more visible, thus making it a prime target for the spam.

In any case I believe our Admin team needs to block traffic from the IP addresses that the spam is coming from. It would be a continually process but it would stop 30 post from the same spammer

+1 I do that on my server every day, block 4 countries all together

I'm guessing the forum is only going to be moderated from 9 to 5 weekdays, I'm pretty much on this every day but won't much longer when I have to weed through spam to read legitimate posts

Ozarks Mountian Brew said:
I'm guessing the forum is only going to be moderated from 9 to 5 weekdays......
Thus the reason we need a hand full of Mods, not just 1.

Adding some captcha validations for registration will help to.

Ozarks Mountian Brew said:
I'm guessing the forum is only going to be moderated from 9 to 5 weekdays, I'm pretty much on this every day but won't much longer when I have to weed through spam to read legitimate posts

I sent you an email asking if you would like to help out.

I'm on all week. Typically start around five am and stop about 6pm. I do not keep banker's hours. I do take some time to myself throughout the day for yoga and the like. That there is a joke. I do Tai Chi.

Attachments

• KegCarb.png
    KegCarb.png
    438.2 KB · Views: 864
Maybe I shouldn't curse in German in the threads.... At least this time it's not masking information.

The part that bothers me the most about all this is the denial.

All these adds are new... PERIOD!

I think people are being a little hysterical about the ads. Don't click on them, and the site administrator is aware of the situation.

Phishing said:
I think people are being a little hysterical about the ads. Don't click on them, and the site administrator is aware of the situation.

Sorry. To add fuel to the fire of personal issues I'm going through I've been in my hometown all weekend and Monday.

My Grandmother that raised me is dying. She only has a few days left and I got to say my goodbye yesterday before she lost consciousness.

I'm following up with the person who set up our ads.

sorry for your tough times and thanks for the update, we appreciate information when we can get it good or bad. I hope things will get better for you have a Great Day!

Back