What are you drinking right now?

Homebrew Resilience is tasting very nice this evening.
IMG_20190412_190751-1024x1365.jpg

Now trying a “tale of two pines.” Tried a piney IPA (twice) with different hop schedules. The hops were Warrior, Simcoe, Chinook and Vic Secret. One is 7.7% the other is 6.7%.

Changes on future batches include, target 8% ABV, Centennial instead of Simcoe, and Azacca and Citra replacing the Vic Secret.

This piney needs a little more time to clarify.
upload_2019-4-15_18-38-8.jpeg

Now trying a “tale of two pines.” Tried a piney IPA (twice) with different hop schedules. The hops were Warrior, Simcoe, Chinook and Vic Secret. One is 7.7% the other is 6.7%.

Changes on future batches include, target 8% ABV, Centennial instead of Simcoe, and Azacca and Citra replacing the Vic Secret.

This piney needs a little more time to clarify.
View attachment 5725

Nice!
Looks like you're greening up too. Now for the outdoor chores.

first pour of the night always foams, had to chug it and do a second pour then mess with my new phone, it's very different

20190418_151707.jpg

This is My Kviek yeast brewed beer a duplicate of Why-Ella I dumped that first Why Ella batch dam it I funked up the yeast I think I smelt the flask and it had been sitting in my ferm chamber along with my fermenting previous batch but I then left it too long a bit warm and it smelt odd but pitched it anyhow I screwed that batch. But here's a similar beer but with a stack 70g of my home grown cascade 30g I think Ella bitterd with magnum 3kg ale.5 Vienna. 5 wheat and .1 home made crystal.
Took it In to wife and said have a smell (she don't drink but smells my beer lol) she said smells nice smells like tropical fruit. I agree it's got a tropical bouquet like mango paw paw pear type thing. Flavour is similar nice and full bodied heaps hazy (bio hopped on transfer to fermentor) has a good head retention for 1 day burst finishes clean and yes it does have a nice bitter edge to it that's been reported from this Voss yeast. But it is clean considering ferm temp of 33c wowie ha ha it's not hot at all not fusel or phenolic I'm pleased. This will be better with a week of age on it but this keg ain't sticking around long. Cheers!

...and it’s a pool-side photo Trial! Well done and back on track. Beer looks fantastic!

And so does the pool! It looks extra sparkly and clean.

View attachment 5737
This is My Kviek yeast brewed beer a duplicate of Why-Ella I dumped that first Why Ella batch dam it I funked up the yeast I think I smelt the flask and it had been sitting in my ferm chamber along with my fermenting previous batch but I then left it too long a bit warm and it smelt odd but pitched it anyhow I screwed that batch. But here's a similar beer but with a stack 70g of my home grown cascade 30g I think Ella bitterd with magnum 3kg ale.5 Vienna. 5 wheat and .1 home made crystal.
Took it In to wife and said have a smell (she don't drink but smells my beer lol) she said smells nice smells like tropical fruit. I agree it's got a tropical bouquet like mango paw paw pear type thing. Flavour is similar nice and full bodied heaps hazy (bio hopped on transfer to fermentor) has a good head retention for 1 day burst finishes clean and yes it does have a nice bitter edge to it that's been reported from this Voss yeast. But it is clean considering ferm temp of 33c wowie ha ha it's not hot at all not fusel or phenolic I'm pleased. This will be better with a week of age on it but this keg ain't sticking around long. Cheers!
I've been a huge fan of Kveiks, looks like a nice beer!

My Munich Pale Ale. 86% GW Premium 2-row, 14% Belgian Munich 10L. Bittered with Centennial@60 and then equal amounts of Cascade at 10 and 1. OG 1.055, FG 1.010, 38 IBUs, 25% from the 60 min. addition. Mashed at 152F and fermented with a Mangrove Jack's M44 slurry at 66F. Just under 6% ABV. Crisp, and a bit on the dry side.
MPA.jpg

Back